Chapter 14: Cats get hurt too

Cats really do need their humans, even if they don't show it. Cats form attachments to their owners that are similar to those that dogs and babies form with their caregivers.

 Cats form attachments to their owners that are similar to those that dogs and babies form with their caregivers

Her eyer are fury mad. Her fist is still close.

One of our team mates helped Deb to stand up. While I'm trying to hold Lisa's arm because anytime another fist might land on my boss face.

"Sorry Deb, I will explain it to you tomorrow". I told her and Deb just nodded.

I was about to drag Lisa outside but she voluntarily marches away removing my hands that are holding her arms. I said sorry to Deb and everyone and I run to follow Lisa.

"Hon, wait!" I tried to catch up with her. Her legs are so long and she walks so fast until we're both in the parking.

"Why did you do that". I asked her when I was able to follow her phase

"I'm the one who should be asking. What was that, Jennie. She's trying to kiss you and you just froze?!?!" Her tone is mad and her voice is somehow like shouting

"Lisa, that girl who just punch is Deb my boss and she's not trying to kiss me. She's saying something but since the music is loud, we can't hear each other that's why she leans forward so I could hear her". I said her in a calm voice.

"Lisa looked, what you see is nothing okay? It's nothing". I told her as I caress her face. I saw that she's hella red and still mad.

'Let's go home, I'll drop you off. Let's talk tomorrow. I'm not in a good state now". Lisa said as she hops in her motorcycle.

I followed her order. I hopped in as well and hug her from behind while she's driving.

I can't stop crying. It's the first time that I saw her super mad, I'm also worried on how can I explain it to my boss tomorrow. But most especially, I'm worried that Lisa will not believe me. My tears keep on flowing and I think her jacket is already wet because of it. Until we arrived to my apartment. She assisted me and help to remove the helmet.

"Go in and have a rest, I'll see you tomorrow". Lisa said calmly

"Are you not going inside, to talk?" I asked her, I'm wishing that she would agree to it.

"No, I gotto go. It's already late and we still have work tomorrow". She leaned and kiss me on my cheek

"We're okay, right?" I reassure and she just nod. I gave her a long kissed but she didn't respond. I hugged her after. "I love you". I said to her as I pulled from our hug

"I love you" she said coldly and kissed me on my forehead. I waited for her to leave before I decided to went inside my apartment.

Next day

Jennie's POV

I wasn't able to get a good night sleep. After Lisa went home, she didn't leave any text message to me. She didn't say good morning which is very unusual. Maybe she's still mad. I went to the office earlier than the usual so I could talk to Deb first before starting my shift. I knocked to her office and I'm lucky that she's already inside eating her breakfast.

"Good morning, Deb. Sorry to interrupt your eating, can we talk?" I politely told her

"Morning, Jennie. Sure! You want some coffee or tea?"

"No, no I'm good. I just had my breakfast as well".

(silence)

"I'm here to say sorry to what happened last night. It's Lisa, my girlfriend who punched you. She misinterpreted what she saw". I told Deb

"No big deal, Jen. I understand. Maybe she's just being over protective. Again, If I have a girl like you, I will do the same. Forget about it, okay?" Deb said while she sipped her coffee

"Thank you, Deb".

"It's nothing, Jennie. Oh, since you're already here, let's meet at 10 AM to discuss the additional hiring needs that we have for our Software Consulting client? Based on the email shared, they will be needing 5-10 developers to onboard in the next 3 months".

"Yes, saw it and will be ready for our meeting later. Will have it review. I have to go, Deb". I said and bowed before leaving her office

"Hey, girl!" Irene welcomed me

"Is Lisa, okay?" She asked

"Yes, we're okay. She's just being cold to me but this once will pass for sure". I answered

"Oh, when you left last night, Boss Deb warned everyone who saw it to not to spread and gossip what they saw last night. Deb is being protective to you huh, I understand why Lisa got so jealous".

"Lisa doesn't have to be jealous about. Deb is our boss period."

I ended the meeting with Deb at lunch time. It's been afternoon but no messages or call from Lisa. She's been ignoring me the whole day. I sent her a message though but she just seen it.

I'm not sure if she will still pick me up today but I am planning to get home early and will go to her place so we could properly talk.

I was in the lobby when Deb called me from behind.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jennie". She said smiling I nod and give her a smile.

"Oh, I think your girlfriend is here to pick you up". Deb said pouting her lips to Lisa's direction.

Lisa is wearing a black top and trouser with a stripe blazer. I'm getting nervous, I hope Lisa will not make another scene today. Not in our office lobby. I'm so bad to think about it that Lisa will do it but it's just a possibility.

 I'm so bad to think about it that Lisa will do it but it's just a possibility

Lisa wrapped her arms around my shoulder the moment she arrived. She also bowed her head to deb and greeted her.

"Hi I'm Lisa, sorry if we didn't have a good encounter yesterday. Sorry for my rude behavior last night, I should have not done that". Lisa said and extending her hands to Deb for a hand shake

"I'm Deb, Jennie's boss. It's okay, Lisa but please be careful next time". Deb accepted Lisa hand shake

"Oh, I have to go. Jennie, see you tomorrow". Deb said and she left us

"Let's go?" Lisa said while she's smiling to me as if she didn't text me the whole day

"I thought you're not coming". I said to her

"Why would I do that?" she answered while looking to my eyes.

"Because you're mad?"

"I am not mad, jealous maybe? But I know it's just me, right?"

"Just you". I told her pinching her nose.

A/N Hello poooo.