Chapter 36: Cat feeding

Besides food, your cat also needs love and attention, but is it possible to give too much love? The answer is, of course, no, but lavishing attention has been known to cause behavior problems. Like dogs, cats have a hierarchy. In other words, your household will have an "alpha" cat, though the structure and how it functions is different from that of dogs. Alpha cats refuse to be led, take charge in every situation, eat what and when they want, demand that doors be opened for them, even nip at your toes to wake you up to serve their needs. They will also approach you for some affection, and then bite your hand to let you know they've had enough.

Jennie's POV

I believe that when two people are in love with each other, you can see it in their eyes. The way they look at you, the way you stare at each other, it's all there. Their eyes are full of admiration, of attraction, of undying feelings for each other. Their eyes are smiling even if they didn't say a word about it, there's this visible thread connecting them two. This is the same feeling that I felt for Lisa. I'd like to assume that deep down there, it's still me. I can't predict her. Sometimes she's cold to me, and sometimes she's the sweetest, sometimes she cares for me but sometimes she doesn't give a care. Maybe she's just shy to reject me? Or maybe I'm being too pushy? I'm doing my best so our relationship will work. Technically, we don't have that label but I can feel that I still have that space in her heart, in her life. Or I'm just assuming things?

We're not able to spend time last weekend since Deb asked me to visit her since she's not feeling well. She doesn't have any family here is Seoul and it's only me and Chaeyoung that she can rely on. It just happens that Chaeyoung has other plans that day. On Sunday we went together in Deb's place and bring her fruits. I also cooked her some healthy foods that she can stock on her fridge. She's still on sick leave today and recovering but she's feeling better. Lisa knows about it, I also asked if she wants to go with me but she said no.

It's now a mid-week but I don't have a chance to meet Lisa since both of our schedules overlap and to the fact that I have to take over Deb's other meetings while she's resting. We just update each other through text message. It's been 4 days the last time we saw each other and I miss her (does she miss me too?) I'm here in the office and Lisa's out for a client deliberation. I asked Chaeyoung if she can take out me some food for my lunch. I decided to take a nap. For the past 2 days I was outside for meeting. It's only Wednesday but my tiredness is like it's Friday already. 2 more days and it's weekend again.

I was busy day dreaming when my phone rang. I ignore it since I'm trying to take a nap.

Until I heard a soft knock to my door. I ignore it because I know it's not lock. I don't have an energy; I got a very comfortable sitting position to my sofa.

"Jen?" The door swing open and it's Lisa.

"I'm trying to call you". She said and invited herself in. She closes the door and sat beside me

"Sorry, I was trying to take a nap". I told her in a sleepy voice and I leaned my head to her shoulder and hug her gladly she hugs me back.

"Are you feeling, okay?" Lisa asked

"Yeah, just tired and I miss you". I told her boldly

"Have you eaten your lunch?" Lisa asks

"Hmm. Not yet. But I asked Chaeyoung if she can take out a food for me".

"I actually bought us lunch. Do you want to eat with me?". Lisa said smiling and showing me the paper bags placed in my side table. I didn't notice it earlier.

"I bought us some Chinese food. Come here. You have to eat to regain your strength".

"By the way, how's your patient Deb?"