Chapter 8: Cats gets anxious too

Jennie's POV:

We're currently on the road and will be back to Seoul tonight. Lisa is busy driving.

I've been quiet for more than an hour and pretended that I am sleep so Lisa will not question the change of my behavior.

So, she accepted a job in London? When is she planning to tell me? How many years she'll be out of the country? 6 months, 1 year, 2 years? I'm overthinking and making fake scenarios now. I am making waves in oceans that cannot be seen yet. Lisa continues to drive while humming, I'd like to ask her but I don't want to ruin her mood.

"Hon are you awake?" Lisa asked when she saw me move. I just nodded and pretended that I just woke up.

"Will be home in an hour". Lisa said

"You must be tired driving, want me to drive?" I insisted. I know how to drive since Lisa taught me, however she will not let me drive every time we're out. My driving skills is purely for emergency purposes.

"Aniya, I had a good rest earlier and I can rest later at home. Let's get some food and have a dinner at your apartment?" Lisa retorted

I started sharing some stories to Lisa so she can be awake while driving. I forgot the London thing for a moment. She's also telling some stuffs about her work best friend Jisoo and Seulgi. I've meet them several times. I used to hang out with them together with Lisa. I am close to them. And this Seulgi has a huge crush with my friend Irene. I'm not sure if she's courting her yet, but sometimes Seulgi's visiting in our office to bring Irene some snacks and even pick her up. Lisa and I continue to randomly share some funny stories. I enjoy also the view of the night city light.

I didn't realize the we're finally here in our apartment

I didn't realize the we're finally here in our apartment. We rest for a while before eating the dinner that we bought in a Japanese Restaurant along the way.

I am dying to ask Lisa the email that I read earlier. I think I can't sleep later if I would not know it.

"Hon, I have some good news that I forgot to share to you". Lisa spoke up while she's munching the California Maki.

I got nervous. Maybe she'll now tell me the job offer that she received in London. I nod and stare at her waiting for her to speak up. But she's so slow in munching her food thus she can't speak because her mouth is full of sushi. Finally, she was able to swallow it and drink some water before continuing.

"So, I got an offer"

She stops again and continue eating. I hate this suspense thingy.

 I hate this suspense thingy

While me, I put both of my utensils down as I wait for her to continue what she's saying

"And then?" I asked

"Are you not gonna congratulate me?" Lisa teasingly asked she's so unbothered eating her food while I'm hella anxious here and creating fake scenarios in my head. Yeah, your Jennie girl is an overthinker.

"Just complete the details yet, Hon" I annoyingly said to her, she knows I hate it being suspense.

(silence)

"I got an offer for a London Project and I accepted it" Lisa shared happily and here I am, not sure what am I feeling, I am happy but also nervous, surprise and anxious at the same time.

Lisa held my hand when she saw me dumbfounded.

"I am ended happy, congrats hon!" I said and caressed her small face. I faked a smile; I am more anxious.

"So, when will it start?" I continued interrogating her

"In the next 2 weeks" Lisa answered excitedly

A/N: Hilo :)