Chapter 5: Cats are independent

Jennie's POV:

Monday again! Does anyone here love Monday? How to be like you?

Weekends go so quickly. Weekends always feel short because we don't think about how we're spending our time. I will not regret a time spent with Lis. I just arrived in the office and currently sipping the iced coffee that I bought. Who can function without coffee right? It's a must in our busy working days.

I signed in and opened my work laptop. It will be a super busy week. Our US bosses visits last week and discussed their plans for the company for the next fiscal years, they are still here in Seoul and will have a meeting with the rest of our clients. We are expanding internally and externally. Our open requirements and job openings increase daily and as someone who works in recruitment. It stresses me, though I always look for the positive side, the more job vacancy, the more we give opportunities to job seekers who might be a bread winner like me or just starting their career on the selected fields.

There's a lot of job openings but the unemployment rate is also high.

For some jobs available, people don't have the right skills, or at least the skills employers say they're looking for. Other jobs are undesirable. They offer bad pay or an unpredictable schedule, or just don't feel worth it to unemployed workers. Many of whom are rethinking their priorities.

In some cases, there are a host of perfectly acceptable candidates and jobs out there, but for a multitude of reasons, they're just not being matched. (Skills wise, industry exposure, technical skills, culture fit and too many to mention)

There are also workers who are hesitant to go back they're nervous about Covid-19, or they have care responsibilities or something else is holding them back.

The problem, however, may not only be on the hiring side. The pandemic has made people rethink their lives and their work, and some individual job seekers may be applying for jobs they want but aren't suitable for.

If I only have powers to hire everyone, I will do it (unfortunately the author of this fanfic didn't make my character a rich and multi-millionaire so I can't do that hehe kidding)

I checked and emails and list down my to do list. I am having a hard time identifying the Important, Urgent and ASAP tasks. Lisa messaged me that she just woke up and about to sign in to work as well. I envy her because they are working from home ☹

"Jen, can you send me the report and the market intel of these roles, I need this at 10 AM". Nayeon said, she's one of my co-workers and I hate her so much. She's always trying to wake up my bitchy personality. She acts like she's a daughter of the owners and to the fact that she has a big crush to Lisa. Fortunately, Lisa likes cat and not a bunny.

( A/N: this is just a POV. I love Nayeon- I wanna make it pop, pop, pop, you want it)

She left without waiting for my reply. Now I have to rearrange my task priority. Nayeon is from our Business Development Team and I know how important the report she's asking me. But I think it will not hurt if she will ask nicely, right?

"She's terrible". Irene rolled her eyes as she's referring to Nayeon. She's one of my works best friends and from our Training Team.

Time flew so fast the last time I checked my wrist watch it's only 9AM and now it's quarter to 12 NN.

Irene and I went to the cafeteria for lunch.

Lisa and I doesn't really text each other especially if it's on work hours. She's a very focus person and I'm an easily distracted one and she knows it Hehe. Usually, she'll call me towards end of shift to inform that she'll pick me up.