Chapter 4: Cats will help you cope

Cats have been shown to help people get over their loss more quickly, and show fewer physical symptoms of pain, like crying. Despite the fact that they are only animals, cats serve as a social support during difficult times. People in mourning report talking to their pet to work out their feelings, since it is often easier to talk to something that won't respond and can't judge than to another human being.

Jennie's POV

Sunday 7PM.

We've arrived to Lisa's home. It is owned by her Aunt Dara. Lisa is the only family left to Aunt Dara.

I am close with her. She's like a second mom to me. She's one of the people that I usually run through with whenever Lisa and I has a problem, she has witnessed the ups and downs of our relationship.

"Ohh Jennie! Finally, you visited me". Aunt Dara welcome me with a hug

"How are you, Aunt Dara. I miss you". I spoke.

Lisa went to the kitchen to feed her cats and prepare for our dinner.

I had a quick catch up with Aunt Dara before proceeding to the kitchen to check our babies.

Leo run to me the moment she shows me. Leo is our first-born son. His breed is Scottish fold. I gifted him to Lisa during our first anniversary.

That's when I found out that Lisa loves and owns a cat in Thailand

That's when I found out that Lisa loves and owns a cat in Thailand. After a few months having Leo, it became an addiction to Lisa to keep on getting new cats. She will always say that "hon, this is the last one" until we have 5 cats already.

Lisa's POV

The moment we arrived, I gave Aunt Dara a quick hug before going to the kitchen to prepare for dinner and feed the cats.

I also received a message to my friend slash co-worker Jisoo, she's a Web Developer in our company and my team mates. She asked if I'd like to do an OT tomorrow but I said no. I would love to because there's an extra pay but I wanted to give more time to Jennie this weekend. She's been busy for the past months when she was been promoted to a leadership role.

Jennie is playing with our cats. I heard giggles from the living room.

It is too obvious that I am too whipped for Jen? You can't blame me though. Jen came and never left during my dark and blue days. When we're still a student and I can't afford to buy a food because my allowance is just enough. Jen will always provide me. Whenever I can't afford a project or afford to join the any school activities, Jen will always help. What ever good things than I am experiencing now, it's because of her. She has a lot of suitors but she chooses me and continuously choosing me every day. And I will always do the same. I promised to the universe that I will never be in love to others unless it's Jennie.

I'm almost done preparing our food in our dining table when I noticed that Jennie became quiet. She's busy on her phone so I checked her.

"Hon, everything's okay"? I reassured

"Yes, this is nothing hon". She said and fake a smile

"What's the problem?"

I notice to her phone that she's chatting with her brother.

"What happened to, Hyunjin?" I am referring to his brother

"He needs to pay his tuition and they have an upcoming school event". Jennie said and sigh

"How much does he need?"

"Lisa, hon. You don't have to. It's my responsibility and not yours. You are always helping me. That's too much". Jennie answered

"That's what we're supposed to do, right? Help each other. C'mon hon. I just sent you money on your bank account, use it and don't worry about it okay?". I told her while I am rubbing my thumbs to his shoulder.

"Hon, you don't have to do this".

"You can pay me for just one kiss". I playfully told her.

"I am just kidding, don't worry about it okay? I have been helping other people that I don't know by donating, why I can't help your family? Which I consider as my family too? If you have problems, just tell me, okay? I can be your sugar daddy. I'm just kidding hehe" I assured her

"Thank you, hon. I'll pay you back, I promised". And she gave me a peck on the lips.

I used it as an opportunity to tighten our hug and deeply kissed her. We stayed for that for about 3 minutes.

"Aunt Dara might see us". Jennie whispered when we separated our lips

"She's used to it". I naughtily answered.

 I naughtily answered

A/N: it's always calm before the storm (wink)