Chapter 40: Cat confused

Despite their independent nature and lack of "neediness" some cats show signs of stress and agitation after time apart from their human. This suggests that, although I'm sure they wouldn't admit it, we are an important part of our cat's social environment.

Cats rest for an average of 15 hours per day. If this is part of your cat's daily routine during the hours you're out, it's unlikely they'll miss you if they've been snoozing.

Like us, cats need to be stimulated, so access to the outdoors, or toys to play with indoors can help keep them amused while they are on their own.

Lisa's POV:

"Who's this? What are you saying? Leave us alone, Wang!"

I said in a stern voice as I ended the call, Jackson knows that we're in Korea. I throw my phone in the sofa as I sat on my swivel chair while massaging my temple. I'm not in a good state this past few days after the misunderstanding between me and Jen happens.

It's been 2 weeks when we stopped seeing each other, when we stopped talking. I gave her the space that she needs. I didn't bother her. Maybe she's correct, we need to breathe. Though we can't avoid to not to see each other since we're working in the same office. During meetings, I will catch myself staring at her as she discussed. There are chances that we see each other in the cafeteria or in the elevator.

We will just fake a smile to each other and never utter any words. She's always with Chaeyoung , but most of the time she's with Deb. Sometimes, I will catch them having a sweet and happy conversation if ever I will pass by in her office. Did she give her a chance? They usually go out for lunch and dinner, only two of them since Chaeng is busy with Jisoo. Yeah, I am not that observant and believe me if I say that I'm not usually curious of her whereabouts.

My 6 months project is about to end. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad. I am planning to flying back to Thailand together with Ryli and Diana after. Though, I still have to check if they wanted to extend their vacation here since Diana just arrived.

It's already passed 6 PM. I arranged my stuffs and proceeded to the elevator. It's Friday so, I might be meeting my friends. I was waiting for the next elevator ride when both Jennie and Deb arrived.

"Where or what do you want to eat?" Deb asked her.

"Chinese food?" She answered. I am not listening to their conversation. They're just loud. I walked silently inside the elevator not minding them. I get my phone and pretended that I am texting someone.

It was a silent ride. Good thing that there's 3 more employees who joined the ride or else it will be awkward if just the 3 of us.

"Ting" the elevator indicated that we're on ground floor, my phone ring as well.

"Yeah, I'll see you. Bye". I saw on my peripheral vision that Jennie, she's staring at me.

I walked paced to my car and pretended that I don't notice them.

I spend the weekend at home catching up with Diana and Ryli. We also went to a picnic together with Aunt Dara's family. And that's it, weekend flies so fast, another week in the office, another week of having a hide and seek with Jennie. I'm not really sure how much time of space do we need.

I miss her.

My Monday is full of meeting since the project is about to be launched. I noticed Jennie wasn't around.

The Tuesday comes and still full of meeting, Jennie is still not around or maybe she has meeting outside.

When Wednesday come, I was in my office the whole day. Reviewing the contracts, pending deliverables and stuffs that needs to be submitted within the week.

Thursday, I meet my team to finally close and launch the project. I have 2 more weeks left in this company.

"Ryujin, can you please submit these documents to the Director please and have her signed it?"

I asked my assistant after a minute she's back holding the signed documents and saw that it's Deb who signed it instead of Jennie. I just ignored it.

And here you go, my favorite day. Friday.

I was having a coffee and breakfast in the cafeteria when I saw Chaeyoung and Deb having a breakfast.

I haven't seen Jennie since Monday and usually she'll have her breakfast with Chaeyoung.

I swept it on my mind and proceeded to my office when I overheard some employees having chitchats.

"We have a company event? Where?"

"I'm excited!"

"When was it?"

"It has been settled though we're still waiting for Ms. Kim's signatory before we finalize"

"I heard she's on sick leave since Monday".

I sat on my office sofa , drinking my iced americano while fidgeting my phone.

I was looking in the blank air for 30 minutes. I wanted to text her but I don't know what to say.

Until I decided to call someone.

"Hey, I'll be taking a leave today, just have some urgent stuffs at home". I called the HR, then grab my blazer and my feet brought me to the place that I'm aching to go since that day.

Jennie's home.