Chapter 15: Cats are secretive

A cat in pain is seen as weak- therefore, making them prime targets for predators. In order to survive, they have adapted a deep natural instinct to hide their pain. Your cat will not cry out in pain, for fear that they will attract the attention of a predator.

Lisa's POV

It's been a month when that incident happened. Jennie and I are okay. I just don't like the aura of her boss. Every time that I will come and pick up Jen at her office. I saw how Deb looked at her. She's been checking out Jennie. I wanted to punch her again but she's Jennie's boss and it doesn't make sense right to do that just because I saw her checking out my girlfriend? Jennie reassured and always reminding me that I have nothing to worry because Deb is just her boss and they're just working closely because of the project. I trust Jennie when she says this, I just don't trust Deb.

The good thing is Jennie always update me if she needs to go out with Deb. Because they usually visit their clients together with their other managers usually Nayeon, their Business Development Manager.

In our life, we will be needing someone who will makes us smile when we're mad. Who knows our heart like the back of her hands and calls you out on your bullshits? You need a person who sees us for what we can be, what we will be and never lets you be any less. A person who is beyond words, beyond thanks, beyond what you could have asked for. I found that person already and I'm not gonna let her go. It's Jennie.

Okay, I have to go back to work. It's been an hour when I am spacing out.

Jennie's POV

Our team had a meeting with Deb. She has a month left her in Korea before returning to LA. It feels like she's been a year here. A lot of good changes happened and most of the employees are happy. We close a lot of deals as well. I got so happy because our higher ups commended me for my performance. Seems like I'm slowly harvesting my fruit of labor

Deb shared that she can't extend any longer here since there's another big project that awaits her in L.A.

"Ms. Kim go to my office I have something to discuss with you". Deb mentioned she did not wait for me to answer before leaving. I followed her.

"Deb, what is the important that we need to discuss?"

"First, personally I want to thank you for your hard work. Higher management are very happy. We will not be accomplished that without your brilliant ideas and strategies. Congratulations and keep up the good work. As you heard earlier, I will be working for another big project in L.A. I'd like to ask you personally if just in case you would like to pursue an opportunity in abroad? We need a talented employee like you. You will be promoted to become a manager and working in LA will 10 folds the salary that you are earning here".

I was in silence and dumbfounded. I was so shock.

"Are you okay, Jennie?" Deb asked me

"Uhm yeah. I'm just so overwhelmed now". I answered

"You have a month to think about it, Jen no rush. But this is a big opportunity for you and this comes once in a lifetime. Just let me know once you're decided.". Deb said

I left her office and still processing my thoughts. I can't still believe it.

There's a part of me that I wanted to take it, but there's also a part of me that I don't want to leave. Korea has been my home. My family is here, my life is here and Lisa as well.

"What happened?" Irene asked me she's one of my trusted friends so I open up to her

"Switching jobs, switching a new environment, meeting new people and possible new experience that we're unsure yet if it will be worth it are all scary. So, if you're going to try something new, try something that scares you, because sometimes the scariest things have the most beautiful journeys". Irene shared as she gives me hug. "Think about it, Jennie. I'm here to listen if needed. Lisa is there and for sure, she will support you. Just communicate". She caressed my back as she hugs me.

Seulgi should be fast in courting Irene. She's so lucky to have her. She spoke like a motivational speaker earlier.

Irene has a point, Deb has point as well. I'm still confused. I have to be careful to my final decision. I planned not to tell it to Lisa yet until I have my answers for myself. I don't want her to worry. She's too precious to me that I am willing to risk everything for her.