Chapter 43: Cat and her owner

You really are more than just a source of food to your cat. A study finds that cats see their owners as a source of comfort and security, too.

In other words, they do love you ... even if they don't show it.

Jennie's POV

Our first day in Jeju went well. I was in my hotel room, just done with dinner. Deb and I decided to part ways. She's staying at the room next door. I slammed by small frame on my bed. I checked my phone, I actually left it earlier since it was charging. Saw some few notifications and what catch my attention is a message from Lisa this morning.

To Jennie:

Jen, Let's talk once you're back from your business trip.

Good luck on your trip. I will wait for you.

Sent. 08:47 AM

As much as I wanted to call her or reply to her message. I decided not to. I didn't reply.

I have to focus on this business trip, and I know to myself that Lisa has always been my weakness. I'll deal with her once I got back to Seoul.

2 days

3 days

And our last day in Jeju has come. Our business meeting went well.

New big projects to be launched soon and has been assigned to me.

We were able to go back to Seoul the earlier that we've expected. Deb drops me home.

I wanted to call Lisa that I'm home so we could talk but the moment I lay on my bed I fell asleep.

Today's Friday and we have a company outing. We have a bus shuttle that will drop and pick us up to the venue. We have actually choice if we wanted to bring our car or join the shuttle service instead.

Since Deb is already tired from our Jeju trip, same as with me and Chaeyoung is lazy to have the long drive we agreed to join the shuttle instead.

I arrived went to the office together with Chaeyoung.Deb messaged us that she's also on her way to meeting place. When we arrived, Chaeyoung excuse herself to get some snacks in the cafeteria. I didn't join her which she understands. Some of the executives are already inside the bus.

I went inside and find my self a seat and choose to sit on the latter part of the bus next to the window.

I plugged my air pods and turned on some music.

I got surprised when someone tap me. I removed my air pods to hear what she's trying to say.

"Mind if I sit here?" She said smiling while pointing the vacant sit beside me

I was about to speak that the seat has been taken by Chaeyoung but Chaeng's actually on her back.

"Will sit here in front of you guys, I'll sit next to Deb". She said smiling.

I gave them a small smile and nod. Putting back the air pods and pretends that I am napping.

I forgot, today's the day that Lisa and I will talk about us. What if she will now finally end us?

What if she finally realizes that she has moved on already? I'm not yet ready to hear it so I pretended that I was napping. I feel her beside me but I didn't dare to check what she's doing.

Until I actually fell asleep the entire ride.

Lisa's POV

1:30 PM

I checked on Chaeyoung and she said that they will not bring a car today. I'm about to pick up Jennie and asked her to ride with me going to the venue, glad that she gave me a heads up.