Chapter 7

I spent the entire day with Aunt Adrienne, searching for dresses to wear to the dinner

I spent the entire day with Aunt Adrienne, searching for dresses to wear to the dinner. I wanted to look my absolute best.

If there was anything I knew about Italian relatives, it was that they were opinionated, and wouldn't hesitate to comment on something they disliked during family functions like this.

My plan was to be seen and blend in at the same time. It had just been harmless shopping at first with a guard tailing us when Aunt Adrienne suggested something that was bound to annoy Nicholas.

Now, I was dressed for dinner, waiting for Nicholas to come home. The later he was, the more my nerves grew.

I retouched my red lipstick before stepping back to check myself out in the full-length mirror.

I was clad in a black dress that hugged my waist, the skirt flowing down my legs. It had a slit so up my thigh that I was afraid I'd flash everyone if I moved the wrong way.

The top of the dress was cut out in a sweetheart neckline that hugged my breasts, and it was dotted with crystals. To complete my outfit, I hard a pair of black Louboutins on my feet.

Go big or go home, right?

My make-up was light, but I'd gone with a dark red matte lipstick that made my lips look plumper than they were. My manicure matched my matte lipstick.

If seduction was a person, I was her at this moment. I knew my outfit defeated my motive to blend in, but I didn't plan to wear this dress out.

I just wanted to see Nicholas freak out, and then I'd change into another black dress I bought today.

I straightened when I heard footsteps, watching with bated breath as the knob twisted and the door opened.

Nicholas filled the doorway, and I watched as his eyes darkened when they landed on me. "What the fuck are you doing in here, dolcezza?"

***

NICHOLAS

Leaving Evander with Ivan had been a bad idea. Evander spiraled out of control after torturing Ivan for hours. He had to be forcefully removed from the warehouse, and I had to make sure he wasn't going about killing people.

I didn't need the FBI knocking on my doorstep.

I was tired from the day's activities, and I wasn't in the mood to attend the dinner, but I knew Matteo's mother wouldn't let me live it down. She was the only woman I had an inkling of respect for in my family.

I opened my door, ready to shower and dress up for tonight when I found Giselle in my bedroom, looking like every man's wet dream.

My eyes immediately went to her lipstick, subconsciously thinking if it'd smear if I shoved my cock down her throat.

Cristo.

"I moved into your room," she replied, her lips curling into a smile.

Cazzo. Stop. Fucking. Smiling!