Chapter 30

NICHOLAS

"It's been a long time since I've seen one of you in here. To what do I owe this visit, good sir?" Andrea asked with a smile I saw right through. She wasn't happy to see me in her liquor store.

"You realize I'm not Gregorio, right?"

Her eyes narrowed into slits. I knew how much she loathed Gregorio after all he did to her. He got her pregnant, made her have the child, and abruptly cut off all communication between mother and daughter when she was born.

That didn't mean Cara didn't sneak out to see her mother when their relationship rekindled, though. Things wouldn't be looking too pretty for them if Gregorio ever found out, but the man had his head so far up his ass that he didn't notice what happened around him.

"Of course. You're the douchebag boyfriend of his little cunt of a daughter."

"Watch your mouth, Andrea."

"The denial." She shook her head, an amused look crossing her face like she knew something I didn't.

I cocked my head to the side, studying her smug features. Yeah, she knew something. "What do you know?"

"And if I choose not to tell?" She challenged, making a mistake others had made in the past.

Even though I had no intention of blackmailing them or threatening their lives when I first visited, their defiance made me give up on the point one percent that might have given a fuck about them.

I got my answers from stubborn people the old-fashioned way - torture.

"I'm sure Gregorio wouldn't appreciate your little coffee dates with Cara." I shook my head at her when she looked taken aback that I knew the truth. "Don't be shocked, Andrea. It could be our little secret if you spill your guts. Fair warning, I'm not opposed to getting you to do it the literal way."

She gulped audibly. "What do you want to know?"

"Why don't we have this conversation while sitting down?"

Her jaws locked in anger. "Follow me," she said through gritted teeth. I didn't miss the way her employees' eyes followed us as she led us to the back room where her office was located.

"What do you want to know?" She asked again, remaining firmly by the door as I took a seat on one of the chairs scattered around the office.

She did realize she wasn't faster than a bullet, right?

"Something new was brought to light by Giselle. The girls were coming from your place the night of the accident. They weren't going to get pizza like Gregorio said."

"Any man would be foolish to believe the words of Gregorio, but I'll give you a pass because you were a stupid teenager in love. Why would the girls be allowed to go get pizza when they have a fuck ton of guards positioned around the house?"

"So, what were they doing at your place?" I asked.

"They snuck out because Cara finally learned of my existence. Giselle wanted her to meet me, so they came. For some reason, that little bitch, Gianna came along with them." She rolled her eyes. "Contrary to what everyone thinks, Gianna isn't nice or sweet. Lucia trained her to appear nice, but that's by the way. The girls were running late, and they took the bus to my place, so I offered them my car."

"Who was in the driver's seat?" I knew the answer to this question, but I wanted to hear it from her mouth. I just needed that confirmation that Giselle wasn't the liar in all of this.

"Giselle. Gianna doesn't know how to drive."

***

GISELLE