Recovering

The warm rays of sun castes across my face as I search for the item that I was looking for. My little hands tried to block it away, but eventually failed since my hands are not big enough.

My little red shoes were smuddered with mud due to the muddy soil that was resulted by the heavy rain last night.

For a six year old, it wasn't new that I'm already roaming around the forest and exploring new things. They always say that I'm a little.adventurer since I always love to venture outside.

"Come on, where are you?" I mumbled as I search to the bush that I encounter along the way.

Discovering that it wasn't there, I turned around, dissapointed.

"Are you looking for this?" A voice spoke from behind me. Startled, I let out a little squeak before

cautiously turning around, only to be met with a kid, around 8 with bright green orbs.

But that wasn't the only thing that caught my attention. It was the thing that was resting in his right hand.

"That's mine" I said childishly pointing at the object he's holding

"Ah, yeah..I was just about to give this to you" He reasoned holding out the small doll to me.

I grasped it quickly, relief flooding through me as I stared at the little doll that was now wrapped in my tiny arms.

"This was a gift from my dad during my birthday last month. I don't want it to get lost, that's why I carry it around me all the time" I said as I caressed the little face of my doll.

" oh, that's why you love her so much" he said, voicing out his thoughts.

"What's your name?" I suddenly asked, pure curiosity dancing in my blue eyes

"Its Christian, Nice to meet you my princess"

My princess..

My princess......

I shot out from the bed, screaming, tears racing down my cheeks. A hand quickly wrapped around me, followed by soft murmurs.

"Kate, are you alright?" Night asked, pure concern masking his face.

Then the picture of Christian popped in my head and I began crying all over again.

"He's gone Night, I can't believe it!" I sniffled as I spoke.

"Here drink this first" Then he offered me a glass of water followed by an aspirin.

After gulping the water and drinking the aspirin, I miraculously felt better, though I know that a huge part of me was taken off forever.

"Kate, I was starting to get worried. Thank God you woke up"Then he gave me a bone crushing hug that almost took the life out of me.

He let go with a mixed expression of happiness, worry and sadness.

"Why? What happened?" I asked still hiccuping a little.

"Well, when I found you, you were already collapsed on the floor, naked, with Samuel's head just above your head. I figured that you chomped it off" He stated running a hand through his hair.

"I was so worried sick Kate, You've been out for a week, probably because of the amount of energy you lost during the fight. I swear it was terrible, seeing you so weak, and, the terrible thing that you're suffering right now, I- I thought, I lost you already" He said as a tear slipped from his left eye.

My heart throbbed at the sight. I don't want seeing my mate crying because of me.

"Don't worry Night. I'm already here" I sent him a reassuring smile, but it quickly faded when I remembered about my dad.

"You're dad is fine. He was still unconscious though, but his vital signs said that he was starting to recover" I blew out a sigh of relief when I heard his words.

Then I remembered Chris again.

I didn't even get to say goodbye to him.

"And about Chris" He contemplated for a moment. I wonder what is it that he was hesitating about. I already knew it..by best friend is gone.

"He's gone" He said, his eyes sorrowful.

"I know, I hope he's in a better place now"

"No"

I frowned

"What do you mean?" I asked, questions started filling my head.

"I don't mean by death, well, I don't know, but, he's not there when we found you. But I can still smell his scent, but it dissapeared after I rescued you. We searched the whole mansion Kate, but he's not found"

My head was pounding.

He's alive..Chris is alive!!

"Let's find him!"

lets find him...

lets find him

The same words rang inside my head during the day of the invasion.

a sudden feeling of de ja vu sparked inside me making me smile.

Many things have happened, and right now=, Chris is missing.

A new adventure is coming and I'm getting excited and it haven't started yet.