The Werewolf and the Nightmare

It took me almost three hours persuading the guards to let me find my dad. But of course they gave me those bloody conditions which is not to separate from their side no matter what.

Duh as if they can do something to stop me from looking for my dad on my own.

Anyway, I'm now walking toward the main door of the palace .

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as I watched the guards stop and checked the area outside.

When the head guard as I call him nodded it is our cue to resume walking.

As soon as I stepped on the front porch of the palace, I almost fainted at the sight in front of me.

I can't even describe the feeling mixed up inside me as I take in the terrible scenery in front of my eyes.

I can feel my body aching and my wolf inside howled in agony. She cant probably bare the pain of seeing the kingdom like this.

The houses are burning. 

The garden and the pavements were destroyed. 

My people, my PACK, MY FAMILY are being attacked by humans.

 Yet here I am, seeming powerless and weak.

"Princess!"

My head whipped around when a bullet passed nearly missing my ear. The guard positioned behind me growled because of the threat and pounced at the hunter who targeted me.

I saw the others did the same too, they were all fighting the humans. Some even transformed into their wolf form and started mauling the hunters limb by limb.

I gasped when I realized what I've been doing. I'm doing nothing other than just by observing them.

An empty feeling began burning at the pit of my stomach as I saw that the humans are now winning over them.

"They need help Kate"

My wolf, Caitlyn said, snapping me from my useless daze.

She's right. They need help.But I suddenly remembered why we are here for.

"But I need to find my dad!" I argued

"That's right..our dad" she finally agreed.

Looking around cautiously, I ran away from the main door and sprinted for the backyard. I squeaked when a body was thrown at me, almost knocking me over.

I wanted to sit down and help the person, but judging to the situation I'm in, time is more important than gold.

When I passed around the area where there are two person fighting, I hastily hid myself behind a tall concrete pillar.

I heard a growl before I heard a loud scream coming from a person. I whipped around only to witness a painful scene.
Tears started streaming down my eyes as I saw a man dressed in black, holding out his gun and pointing it at the werewolf lying naked on the ground. 

"You little piece of shit. You have no place here on earth" the man sneered as he pulled the trigger. I glanced at the dead werewolf.

I recognized him. He is a good father of a small family. He was  a nice man.

I fell back on my butt, my whole body shaking.

Everything, everything is going down. We're gonna die and the worst thing? I wasn't able to help them!

Different images started rushing in my head, making me dizzy until I finally came up into a dreadful conclusion.

I can't fight alone.