Planet of the Crepes

First day at your first job in a new city?

Jimin was getting ready for his first ever job. He knew he had to take one up someday, but working at a restaurant wasn't his idea of career option as a fresh graduate. Sure, he wasn't a straight A student but he was above average he would say. So what are the best career options for an above average literature major student? Certainly not waiting at a restaurant.

He woke up early so as not to run late because Yoongi says,"first impression matters"? Weird. And apparently, one has to dress up well too? Wow, adulting is hard and real world sounds too tiring already.

He dragged himself out of bed and into the bathroom, where he forced himself to finish all his daily routine. He has been doing this quite often now, dragging and forcing himself. After about 10 minutes, he put on a white button down shirt and blue jeans and checked himself out in the mirror. Okay nothing too flashy, this might just work.

As he made his way downstairs, Yoongi was already sitting at the dining table with a bowl of cereal and checking something on his phone.

"Good morning Hyung", he announced.

Yoongi choked on the cereal and stuttered, "S-shit, I forgot I wasn't living alone anymore."

Jimin laughed and sat down beside the older after grabbing a bowl for himself.

"Jin Hyung is a nice guy. You will really like him. He is caring but also strict. Make sure to do as he says. If everything goes well, he might adopt you too."

Jimin doesn't know what to make of it. Adopt him too? What does that mean? But he didn't question him further. His theory? The less he knows about his boss the better, that way he doesn't overthink scenarios and collapse even before his first shift has started.

After breakfast, Yoongi dropped him off at his 'work place', wished him luck and drove off.

•• Planet of the Crepes ••

Jimin stood staring at the neon sign and reading the restaurant name. After a few seconds, he burst out laughing. At least the owner has a good sense of humor. Maybe, just maybe he can stick it out here for a few months if not more.

A bell chimed overhead, as he made his way in. The interior was all pastel pink. Okay maybe not a few months. A month at max?

As he approached the counter, he was greeted by an extremely good looking and tall guy smiling widely. How is he that happy so early in the morning? Maybe he just has to put on a smiling face for everyone who stops by?

He had a good body proportion and a wide shoulder. He did look kind like Yoongi said.

"Good morning. My name is Seokjin. How may I help you?"

"Hello. This is Jimin. The new-?", Jimin didn't know what his position will be, so he just awkwardly paused for Jin to hopefully complete.

"The new waiter. I see. I have been expecting you. Welcome to Planet of the Crepes", Jimin was absolutely certain at this point that he was the one who came up with the name because of how proud he sounded saying it.

"First question, what do you think of the name?"

"I love it?"

"You pass. Welcome to the team. You can call me Jin Hyung. Here let me show you around."

Jimin was already liking his vibe. He was funny, smart and about the sense of humor thing being good? Yeah. Not so much. Jin was into dad jokes. A little too much. But he was easy going.

In an hour or two, Jimin was already well versed with the different areas of the restaurant; the kitchen, pantry, cold storage and restrooms. His task for today was tagging along with Jin and taking notes on how to greet people, understand their needs and serve whatever they order. Accurately.

::::::::::::::

It was a slow morning. It was around 10.30 when the door bell chimed. Two people walked in. Jimin was busy reading the menu, trying to memorize all the names of all the dishes they offered and their respective costs. One of the customer sat in one of their booths and the other approached the counter. Jimin quickly put the menu away and corrected his posture.

"Good morning sir. How can I help you today?"

"Are you new here?"

"I am sir. My name's Jimin. Are you a regular?"

"Pretty much. The name's Namjoon. I will have my usual, which is-"

"Hey Joon", Jin walked in from the kitchen and looked at the watch hanging on the wall and locked gaze with Namjoon, before smiling brightly. "And you're right on time. The usual?"

"The usual", Namjoon smiled back and made his way to the other person.

Jimin didn't get a good look at the other guy from his place at the counter. But he could tell that the other person was listening to music, because he was bobbing his head back and forth and writing something?

After the order was ready, Jin asked Jimin to carry it to Namjoon and the other nameless stranger. He carefully held the tray full of food and coffee and walked up to them, before carefully sliding it on their table. The nameles stranger didn't even bother to look at the tray or at Jimin. How rude.

"Taehyung", Namjoon shook the other's arm softly. After a minute or so, he turned and stared at the food.

Jimin's gaze fell on the boy. He was stunningly handsome. All his features were just right. His skin was just tan enough to make it look golden as honey, his hair curly enough to make it look fluffy, his eyes big enough with a pair of golden glasses, his nose pointy enough and his lips plump enough. Everything about him was just enough to make him look perfect. Yet, something was different. Jimin couldn't quite wrap his finger around it. Something is off, what could it be?

Jimin broke his overthinking drive and bowed before saying, "Is there anything else I can get you sir?", Namjoon shook his head.

"That will be it."

"And for you sir?"

Nothing.

No response. He kept on sketching, more like doodling. So that's what he was doing, not writing, doodling. A headphone over his ears and still bobbing his head.

He didn't so much as glance towards him.

"That's enough for him as well. Thank you. "

Jimin bowed again and walked back to the counter and sighed. So much for looking that handsome.

"Jin Hyung. Who are they?", he asked the older, who was wiping the counter.

"That's Kim Namjoon and his younger brother Kim Taehyung. They are from around this neighborhood. They are our regulars. Try to memorize their order if you can. They come by everyday."

"The younger brother, what's his name again? Taehyung? What's his deal?", Jimin asked with a visible scowl.

"Aah. He, he's just different. You will find out soon enough."

"Different", he repeated, more to himself.

He's different. Even his mind picked on that. But how? What makes him different?

____________

A/N:

Hi guys! So new book. I hope you like the first chapter. Please shower all your love and support. Leave some comments too on what you think. I love reading them.

Also, what do you think is different about Taehyung? How is he different?

- MystiqueForce