Second Chance

A year and few months ago

The entire week has been extremely hectic. Jimin hasn't had time to take a proper meal. Namjoon and Jin have been off on their honeymoon for the week after their beautiful wedding. This has left him in charge of managing the entire cafe and the Kim residence. At first he was confident that he would come out of the experience with flying colors. After all, how hard can it be? It's only a cafe and a home.

Then reality came slapping him across his face.

He had no idea that Jin used to wake up two hours before their reporting time to open the doors, check the inventory and start the machinery. With Jimin being a night owl, first day as the manager he was already suffering. Adding to the list of woes was managing the staff. Every now and then, fights broke out and he had to swoop in before it turned nasty. Though Jungkook was trying his best to be there for him and help him through the day, he soon realized that he might have bit more than he can chew. There were also the occasional unsatisfied and problematic customers who deliberately called for the 'manager' even for the most trivial flaw.

By the end of the week, Jimin was done for. Every cell in his body was sore. It took him a ridiculous amount of effort just to get himself a glass of water. He was constantly scowling and always in a bad mood, which was so unlike him. To make matters worse, Taehyung, he felt did not even try to understand his situation because he frequently complained that Jimin wasn't giving him enough time.

On Wednesday evening, he completely lost it.

"Taehyung! The least you can do is understand. Don't you see how difficult it is for me manage the cafe and the house? Why are you being such a pain in the ass?", Jimin screamed as he was cleaning the kitchen counter, at the younger who was seated at the dining table. Taehyung wanted some strawberries but they were out. Jimin suggested that they get some when they go grocery shopping, but Taehyung wanted some now.

"TaeTae", he corrected, pointing at his chest. "B-bad word", Taehyung added, beginning to get agitated with Jimin's increasing tone.

"Yes, I am gonna use bad word if you are gonna behave bad", Jimin yelled back.

"M-Minnie getting mad. Tae-Tae doesn't like Minnie mad", Tae fidgeted in his seat, rubbing his hands together and swaying sideways.

"Yes I am mad. Can't you eat something else for now? We have other fruits. Why does it always have to be strawberries?", he screamed back, causing the younger to flinch and curl in on himself.

"I am sorry M-Minnie", Tae whispered genuinely but Jimin was too blinded by his rage to care. "You should be", is all he replied.

"M-Minnie come to Tae-Tae? TaeTae has something to give", Tae asked hopefully, making grabby hands towards the older. But Jimin was so irritated and tired and frustrated and enraged that he simply rinsed his hand and stormed off from the kitchen leaving the younger staring at his retreating figure with wide, confused eyes.

Why can't Taehyung be more understanding? Why does he have to behave like a spoilt brat? He questioned as he continued to walk until he reached the backyard and plopped down on one of the wooden deck chairs laid out on the porch. He closed his eyes and tried to compose himself. As he inhaled the cold air deeply and exhaled quietly, his muscles which were causing him to scowl relaxed. Slowly, As he regained his composure, an image of Taehyung making grabby hands and looking extremely sad and confused flashed before his eyes. A cold wave of guilt washed over him. He felt disgusted with how he behaved with the younger. What was Taehyung's fault in all this? How could I dump all my frustration on him? He wanted to run and pull the younger into a tight hug, but he didn't. He didn't know how could he face him after what he did.