Kookie

Can human brain actually explode, splattering brain matter everywhere?

That's what popped into Jimin's head as he entered hour number two of staring blankly at the new recruit.

The younger's mouth was constantly working, though Jimin can't really make out a single word anymore. He has completely lost touch with reality. Jungkook has been nagging him with constant questions and pestering him with information that he didn't ask for.

Like, for example this morning the younger walked through the cafe's door with a surprised look on his face. When Jimin asked the reason behind his expression (though now, he seriously regrets asking him that) Jungkook said he realized only now that the name of the cafe (Planet of the Crepes) was a wordplay for the famous Hollywood movie, 'Planet of the Apes'. He then went on to spew random facts about the movie like the names of each cast member, who is his favorite was amongst them, name of the director, his favorite movie by said director and then proceeded to explain in extremely minute details about 'Ashlar' in the year 5021, the planet the protagonist crash landed in as his space pod accidentally entered into a time-travel warp.

And how is the information about a fictional planet in a fiction movie going to help me in any way, Jimin wanted to ask but kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to come off as rude. But the fact is that he doesn't even like science fiction movies. He loves sappy romantic movies with happy endings.

Jungkook finally, after what seemed like forever fell silent because Jin assigned him to kitchen duty. When the younger went on his way, Jin turned back and winked at Jimin, who was so grateful that he wanted to cry like a baby.

^^^^^^^

The door bell chimed and Jimin's head automatically turned towards the wall clock to check the time. It has become an indispensable habit of his. When the clock read 10:30am, one of the biggest grin spread on his face. He moved his gaze towards the door and found his most favorite person making his way towards his usual spot alongside his older brother. Namjoon as usual made his way to the counter to place their order.

"Hey Jiminie!", Namjoon beamed.

"Hi Hyung! How are you this morning? And Taehyung?", Jimin chimed, already placing their usual order.

"We are great actually. Do you have anything going on after work?", Namjoon questioned, handing over his card for payment.

"No not really. Why?"

"I wanted to take Jin out for dinner. I was wondering if you would like to hangout with Tae?", Namjoon asked, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course Hyung. I am always happy to spend time with Taehyung. You don't have to worry. You can be out for the whole night too if you want", Jimin smiled.

"Honestly, I don't remember the last time I spent the night at someone's place. You know how Tae is, he can't usually fall asleep anywhere else. That's why we don't usually go for sleepovers. But with you here, things are changing. For the better of course. If it comes to that, would it actually be okay if I crash at Jinnie's tonight? I feel like I am abandoning Tae and burdening you. I am have been asking you way too many favors these days", Namjoon sighed, a sad expression taking over his face.

"Hyung. You think too much. It won't do you any good. And about the burdening thing, that's total bullshit. I enjoy spending time with Taehyung. I think he does too. And you're not abandoning anyone. It's okay to be a little selfish sometimes. It's okay to want to have fun. We will be good. Promise. Now please stop worrying and go sit. I will bring your food."

"God. We must have done something truly remarkable to have you come into our lives Jiminie. Thank you!", Namjoon smiled and made his way to where Tae was sitting. There was a little bounce to his walk.