Reactions

This morning, for the first time ever in his life, Jimin woke up early. At 6, just as the sun rose. And there was no dragging involved. He leaped out of bed and without a second to waste, headed straight to the bathroom. He put on a simple black t-shirt and blue jeans and checked his look in the mirror.

Decent, good.

He went downstairs and realized Yoongi wasn't up yet. So he made them breakfast. Coffee, avocado toast and scrambled eggs. Yoongi woke up about 20 minutes later to the delicious smell coming from the kitchen. As he walked out of his bedroom, he was greeted with Jimin in an apron, laying out dishes on the table.

"Good morning Hyung!", he chirped when he saw his cousin by the door.

"Good morning. What got you up and running so early?", he asked raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? I am always early!", Jimin protested.

"And the earth has always been flat."

"Whatever", Jimin rolled his eyes.

"And since when did you learn to cook?"

"I just know the basics Hyung. It's not like I can cook a three course meal."

They chatted as they ate. Yoongi discussing his work schedule and that they have to pick up groceries later. Jimin decided to tag along because he wanted to get acquainted with the neighborhood.

Later, Yoongi dropped him off at the cafe and headed to work.

^^^^^^^^^^

"So, today I want you to take orders and feed it to the system accurately so that our kitchen staff can get on with it as soon as possible and the wait time is minimum. Here, let me show you the software", Jin guided Jimin through the entire process step by step.

Jimin managed to successfully take four orders since morning and deliver the food to the right table too. He was feeling confident.

After about two hours, the bell above the door chimed. Jimin's head jerked in the direction, as if his body could sense the arrival of something that he craved. His body was right. The Kim brothers walked it. Just like yesterday, Taehyung walked to the same booth that he did yesterday and sat in the same exact seat.

This time Jimin noticed him. Noticed him and his body language as they walked in together. Taehyung was taller than him by a couple of inches. He was wearing a brown hoodie over black jeans and black sneakers. The headphone was put neatly over his ears squishing his soft curly hair just the slightest bit. He was bobbing his head and fiddling with the fingers on his right hand while his left carried a notebook. As he sat down, he placed his notebook neatly and then adjusted it a few times to move to his liking. Once he was happy with the placement, he moved his gaze outside.

Namjoon had walked up to the counter and Jimin had to snap out of his intense gaze. Shit, I hope he didn't notice me ogling at his brother like that. Why am I so embarrassing?

"Good morning sir. How may I help you today?", Jimin bowed, mentally apologizing for staring at his brother like a creep.

"Good morning-", Namjoon paused and stared at his tag, "-Jimin. I would like our usual please."

"Waffles with strawberries as toppings on one, scrambled eggs and two cups of coffee, right?"

"That's perfect. Can't believe you've memorized our order already?", Namjoon genuinely sounded surprised.

Jimin's cheeks dusted a little pink. Maybe the pinkness of the walls was finally seeping into his skin now. "I am trying, sir. Your order should be ready in 15. That would be $20 sir."

"How old are you Jimin?", Namjoon asked, handing his card out.

"24 sir. Is something wrong?", Jimin took the card and swiped it, looking slightly nervous.

"So you're the same age as my brother. Call me Hyung. Don't bother with the sir", Namjoon said smiling and taking the card from Jimin's hand.

"Really, we're the same age? If you insist sir-", Jimin covered his mouth with his hand, "Hyung. If you say so Hyung."

Namjoon chuckled and it made Jimin's heart flutter. Wasn't it one of his missions? To make them laugh and he did. And he felt so happy about it. His insides tingled.

"You could take your seat for now sir-Hyung! I mean. I will bring your order out in 15."

"You will grow used to it", Namjoon smiled and walked to his brother.

Fifteen minutes later, Jimin was carrying a tray full of food and beverages and making his way to the booth. He carefully placed the tray and started placing the plates out. Namjoon was taken aback a bit and curiously stared at his brother. Maybe he was expecting a reaction?

Just as Jimin was serving the waffles with strawberries to Namjoon, he interrupted him.

"That's Taehyung's. He loves strawberries. Don't you Tae?"

Tae continued to stare at the plate. Jimin apologized and placed it in front of Tae, making sure it's perfectly angled.

"Really? I like strawberries too", Jimin chimed. Tae shifted a little in his seat but continued staring at his plate with a blank expression.

"Hope you enjoy your meals guys!", Jimin bowed and left them to finish.

Jimin made his way to the counter and noticed Jin staring at him.

"You did good Jimin."

"But I didn't do much. I just took their order and served accordingly."

"I meant with Tae."

"What? I don't think I did anything."

"You haven't seen Tae with the other waiters. He gets extremely agitated with others when they so much as try to serve their food. Usually, they just put the tray on the table and run off. But I saw you serve them and he seemed okay. That's a new."

Jimin stood and stared at the brothers. He didn't do anything special, he did what he was supposed to do. So why the different reaction?

The more he thought about it, the more giddy he felt. Something in him made Tae comfortable enough to not get agitated.

Who are you kidding Jimin? Maybe Tae was in a good mood and wouldn't have felt uncomfortable no matter who served. This seems more plausible. Whatever the case, but when Jin pointed it out, Jimin left truly euphoric.

Two reactions in one day.