Hug

The date was a huge success, bless the lord. Namjoon came home different. He had a huge grin on his face, stretching from ear to ear. His cheeks were dusted a lovely rosy pink and he had a bounce to his walk. Jimin was happy for the older but more happy for himself because all his efforts did not go in vain.

Taehyung and him were in the art studio when Namjoon had walked in.

"Hyung! How was it?", Jimin jumped and walked up to the older.

"It was...perfect. Oh how do I tell you Jimin. It was the best date I have ever been on. Jinnie was so sweet. We went to a cosy Italian restaurant, they had the best wine. Then we went to the riverside park and walked there a bit, holding hands of course!", Namjoon rambled on and on with a big smile, that never left his face during the entire course of his speech.

But Jimin was already distracted. Holding hands, he thought and smiled to himself. His mind travelled back to earlier this evening when he had stupidly blurted out to Taehyung about holding his hands. Whatever happened after that, still flutters Jimin's heart and the warmness it emits, radiates to his face and turns him crimson.

"What?", Namjoon paused and asked, quirking an eye brow.

"What? What Hyung?", Jimin asked, breaking out of his reverie.

"Why do you have that stupid smile on your face? And wait. Are you blushing?", Namjoon bent down and observed Jimin's face up close. Jimin stumbled back as his blush intensified.

"What? Hyung! No. I was thinking about you guys and it made me happy. That's all", Jimin stuttered out, desperately trying to change the topic. Luckily Namjoon was too giddy to pry further. He continued on about his date.

"Look, he even gave me chocolates!", Namjoon finally said, as he proudly produced a cutely decorated gift box of handmade chocolates.

"See I told you? You were worried for nothing. I knew you guys would instantly hit it off", Jimin cheered and hugged the older. Namjoon smiled and hugged back.

Taehyung was sitting by his easel and observing his brother engage with Jimin. After a while, he turned around and continued on his canvas. He dipped his brush in black paint and smeared it across the canvas rather aggressively.

Namjoon and Jimin broke the hug and stared at the younger.

"TaeTae? You okay baby?", Namjoon asked worriedly and walked up to him.

Tae continued to drag the brush until whatever he had drawn was buried deep under the blackness of the paint. Jimin looked shocked. They have been doing okay since Namjoon had left. Why the sudden mood swing?

"TaeTae?", Namjoon asked again, putting a hand on his shoulder. But Tae stood up abruptly and marched out of the door. Jimin and Namjoon stood still as they heard the younger stomp all the way upstairs.

"Hyung? I don't understand. What happened?", Jimin questioned, with wide eyes.

"He's jealous Jimin", Namjoon said, after taking a brief pause to analyze the situation.

"Jealous? Of what? You going on a date?"

"No. I think he's jealous that we hugged."

Jimin was dumbfounded. Taehyung was jealous because he hugged Namjoon. Was he being possessive over me? Oh my god, Jimin. Why would he be affected by your actions? You clearly mean nothing to him. It's towards his brother. His possessiveness was towards Namjoon. Maybe he doesn't want an outsider like him being too close to his brother? Yes, I think this is what it is.