Worthy

"Can everybody please calm down?!"

"But-"

"No buts."

"We just-"

"Zip it. I am done with you all. It's just breakfast. It's not the last meal you'll ever have. Just eat what's served on the table or everyone stays hungry. Got it? And this includes you, Hyung", Jimin deadpanned, causing Namjoon to flinch.

"I just wanted some pancakes. Sheesh", Namjoon whispered under his breath, causing Taehyung, who was sitting beside him to giggle.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Nothing. I love fruit loops", Namjoon stuttered out.

Satisfied, Jimin turned his gaze to the little boy sitting on his high chair, who had dropped his small bowl of cereal and was now splattering the spilled milk everywhere with his tiny hands.

"Excuse me, mister. What do you think you're doing?", the boy met his gaze and immediately stopped his action. He remained frozen for a few seconds, before he dived back into creating his artwork with renewed vigor.

"Oh my god. Does anyone listen to me in this house?", Jimin sighed, pinching his temples.

"But that's all we do", Namjoon whined.

Jimin was about to respond with equal parts of annoyance and sarcasm when a loud cry erupted.

"Great! Now she's awake and breakfast isn't done", as Jimin dropped the wash cloth he was holding to mop the milk off the high chair, and was about to head out, Taehyung stopped him.

"Minnie, let TaeTae do it", Jimin nodded, unsure. Taehyung got up and walked towards the source of the sound.

Opening the door, he was greeted with soft sobs coming from a wooden cot, placed to the left wall. There was a twin bed to the right wall and a diaper changing station right beside it. Although, the nursery was painted light gray, every wall of the cosy room was decorated with hand drawn murals of the night sky and heavenly bodies. A big and bright full moon shone right at the center of the wall alongside stars, comets and meteors.

Taehyung walked up to the cot and picked up the baby who was now standing and making grabby hands, her chubby cheeks rosy pink and tear stained.

"Mimi, what's wrong?", Taehyung pulled the baby close to his chest and swayed her sideways. She sniffled a little before her sobs finally died down. She proceeded to lay her head on his chest, right over his heart.

"Da-da", she whispered.

"Y-yes baby", he whispered back, now rubbing circles on her tiny back.

"Da-da", she insisted, trying to convey her feelings through the only word she knows.

"Da-da right here. Okay Mimi?", Taehyung kissed the top of her head and walked up to the armchair and plopped down. Pulling her even closer, he closed his eyes as he pat her back. It wasn't long before she dozed off, traveling back to her dreamland. With their heartbeats and breathing synced, Taehyung hummed in satisfaction, a small smile blooming on his lips. It wasn't long before sleep took over him as well.

A few minutes later, when the room fell silent, Jimin grew wary and tiptoed into the room. He found Taehyung dozed off with the baby secured in his arms.

"Moon?", Jimin shook him lightly so as not to wake the baby.

"Hm", Taehyung hummed sleepily.

"Here, let me hold her. You can go back to sleep after".

"No", Taehyung refused, making his hold tight.

"She's my daughter too you know", Jimin chuckled, giving up his attempt to move the sleeping baby.