Hugs and Kisses

Jimin was irritated. It was evident from the scowl on his face and the groaning sounds that left his mouth every now and again as he aggressively continued his work at the cafe.

When he woke up this morning, everything was going how it was supposed to. He washed up, changed into work clothes, headed downstairs, greeted his cousin, ate his breakfast and came back up to get his backpack.

His usual routine. But then it happened.

Maybe the gods were suddenly rooting against him, or he probably woke up on the wrong side of the bed, he did something he never usually does, which led to his current foul mood.

He picked up a call from an unknown number. And it turned out to be his dad.

"Jimin", a grave voice called from the other end.

"D-dad?", Jimin stuttered out, too stunned to move. Once he recovered from the initial shock, he mentally chided himself for not blocking his parents number. He had deleted their numbers the moment he was thrown out of his house, vowing that no matter what happens he won't call them to come to his aid. Even if that means being homeless or starving to death.

Only now does he realize that he should have blocked their numbers for good instead.

"How are you?", the familiar voice asked.

"I am okay. What about mom?", Jimin asked. As much as he hated them for not accepting him, deep down he knew he still cared for them, however little that may be.

"She's doing okay as well. I called to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Did you get over it?"

"Get over what?", Jimin was confused.

"You know. Your phase", Mr. Park stated, coldly.

"My phase? You can't be serious", Jimin could sense his grip hardening on his phone to the point he was worried he might break it.

"Listen Jimin. We care about you, your mom and I. We know this is not who you are. Come back home. I have talked to my boss, he's willing to give you a position at his firm. There's my friend's daughter too, that I would like for you to meet-"

"Shut up! Just shut the fuck up", Jimin anger was bursting at the seams.

"This is how you talk to your father?", Mr. Park voice was abnormally calm, given the situation.

"Father? Now you remember you're my father? Just giving birth doesn't make you my parent. You couldn't accept the simple fact that your son is gay and you're acting like you care. You threw me out of the house for fucks sake. Did you care than what might have happened to me? I could have died. How dare you call me right now and pretend to care? Keep your fake ass feeling to yourself. Say hello to mother for me. Please don't call me. Goodbye father", Jimin hung up and threw his phone on the bed.

He was panting, his face hot from the rage that was still bubbling in the pit of his stomach. His throat sore from all the screaming. He lied down on the bed and stared at the white expanse of the ceiling and wondered how his life came to this.

It wasn't always the case. He had a happy childhood as far as he can remember. His parents always showered him with all their love and affection, giving him everything he ever wanted or wished for. That's why he was a troublemaker because they would let him be. He was close to his mother too. She was the one who always read him stories from old Greek and Norse mythologies that inspired him to take literature as his major in college.

During his high school years, Jimin realized he was different. He was never interested in any of the girls in his class. Sure he had a lot of girls and guys that came up to him declaring their love, Jimin never seemed to care for the female population in that way. He had friends who were girls, but it was always limited to friendships.