Moon

Jimin was cheerful today. He might be the first person on planet earth to be that happy at a job he didn't particularly like. All thanks to one curly haired guy who's staying in his mind rent free.

"What's got you all smiley and giggly this early in the morning?", Jin asked, eyeing Jimin. The later was currently cleaning the front counter with a rag and a huge grin on his face.

"Oh nothing Hyung! Just enjoying my work, that's all", Jimin flushed red.

"So you're telling me you really love cleaning the counters?"

"Er. What can I say I really love my counters clean?", Jimin said awkwardly, making finger gun gestures at Jin.

"Get back to work will you. I don't want people to creep out", he left after flicking the younger's forehead.

"Ouch! Jeez. Can't a guy have fun?"

"You're having way too much fun!", Jin screamed from somewhere in the back.

^^^^^^^

It was 10:30am. Jimin's favorite customers walked in. Taehyung walked up to his seat as usual and pulled out his sketch pad. Namjoon made his way up to the register with a big grin on his face.

"Good morning Hyung! How are you doing this morning?", Jimin asked, bowing a little.

"Good morning Jimin. I just wanted to thank you for yesterday. Thank you for taking care of my brother. He really had a great time with you."

"He did? Did he say that?", Jimin wanted to know what Tae felt about their interaction.

"Yes. Even if he didn't say it out loud, I can tell. You have this effect on him. It's amazing really. His life was all the same. Every thing planned down to the next second. Honestly I never thought he would open up to anyone really. But here you are, proving it all wrong. So thank you. Let me treat you to dinner?"

"That won't be necessary Hyung. I was happy to help."

"No. I want to show my gratitude. Jinnie is coming over tonight. You should too. In fact I will ask Yoongi too. We can have a nice little gathering."

"That sounds amazing actually. I will be there at-"

"At 7pm. Sorry I forgot to mention the time."

"No worries Hyung. I will bring your usual order for now. Should be done in 15."

Jimin brought their order and served carefully. He smiled at Tae, who quickly turned his face away. Cute, Jimin thought. As he was turning to leave, Tae pushed a tiny note towards him.

"For me?"

Tae nodded his head, still refusing to look at him. Jimin opened it carefully. Inside was a simple message written in one of the most beautiful handwriting he had ever seen.

For Jimin, thank you.

And the sketch of two pinkies intertwining.

Jimin's heart fluttered. It wasn't a grand gesture, just simple words written on a small piece of paper. But it came from someone who always has a hard time expressing himself and communicating with people. It felt so special. Like he won the lottery. Two notes now.

"Thank you TaeTae. You're so sweet."

Tae kept his gaze out the window but nodded.

"Namjoon Hyung says he wants to invite me for dinner at your house. Is that okay? Am I allowed to come?", Jimin asked politely.

Tae continued to stare outside for a minute or two. Jimin felt a little hurt and was about to leave when Tae picked up his hand and showed his pinky finger.