Up

Beautiful.

The night sky was truly spectacular.

The stars twinkling away and the moon, full and bright in all its heavenly glory. Under the silvery glow of the moonlight, Taehyung and Jimin are sitting in comfortable silence in the backyard of the Kim residence. Not a single word has been exchanged between them in the last 30 minutes. Occasionally, the silence is broken by the rustling of leaves as a cold breeze sent shivers down their spines forcing them to pull the blankets a little closer to themselves in an effort to find a little warmth.

It was nice. This was nice. Although, Jimin is usually the type of person who hated being quite for too long. In most cases, he would end up starting conversations or cracking a joke to break the awkward tension.

He was good at that.

He was good at ice-breaking.

But here he was basking in the solace of the silence that surrounded them.

As he continued to stare at the twinkling of stars, it occurred to him how much he has changed since the time he came across Taehyung. He is more patient and understanding now. He is comfortable with not conversing and just enjoying the moment. He is actually worried about someone else's well being and emotions over his own.

Don't get him wrong.

He isn't selfish and self-centered. He liked his parents, but he was always so caught up with his life as a popular kid that he never stopped and thought about their concerns (now he is glad he didn't waste his time on them). He has also been in relationships before but it wasn't all that serious and he was never too worried on what the other person felt or did all the time. He believed in enjoying his freedom and giving his partner theirs.

A open relationship if you will.

But with Taehyung, he wants to make him happy, brighten up his days and be with him all the damn time. Hell, he even wants to be a better person himself, just for Taehyung. He wants-

"Ji-min!"

"What? What? What happened Tae? Are you okay?", Jimin snapped out of his thoughts and frantically looked around only to find Tae standing up from his seat.

"C-cold", Tae shook his head to show his uneasiness.

"Cold? Oh. Yeah. You're right. It is getting cold. Let's head inside. Okay?", Jimin folded the blankets and carried them inside.

Without so much as turning back and looking at Jimin, Taehyung immediately went up the stairs.

Jimin guesses he went to bed.

Sighing heavily, he made his way to the guest bedroom and put the folded blankets back in the closet he took them out from.

I wish I could spend the whole night with you, Tae doing literally anything; talking, playing games, bitching about others, eating late night snacks, watching movies or simply lying next to you. But I know, we can't, can we? Sometimes I wish I could. We could. Is it so wrong? Am I being an asshole for even thinking this?

Breaking out of his train of thoughts (he has been riding this train almost every day now, to his immense frustration), Jimin quickly brushed his teeth and changed into his PJs. He decided he update Namjoon on their whereabouts.

Namjoon Hyung
Hey Hyung! Hope you and Jin Hyung are having loads of 'fun'. We ate dinner, did a little stargazing in the backyard. Tae is already up in his room. Just wanted to give you a little heads up:)

He only had to wait a minute or so before his phone chimed.

Jimin
I could literally hear you say 'fun' in your sassy tone. Anyway, thank you so much for hanging out with Tae and giving us this date. It really means a lot. For both Jinnie and me. Also, yeah. It's almost his bedtime. Thank you again! See you tomorrow. Don't be up too late! Goodnight.