For the Best

"Please don't leave TaeTae"

Everything hurt. Even opening his eyes and inhaling the next breath was gut-wrenching. After struggling for a few minutes, Jimin opened his eyes and was immediately attacked by a white vastness overhead. He raised his hand to cover his eyes, but realized his hands hurt terribly and were in fact bandaged. He tried to sit up and investigate where he was when a hand on his shoulder pushed him back softly onto what he can assume was a bed.

"Don't try to sit up. Doctor has asked you to keep lying down unless it's absolutely necessary to get up", a familiar voice spoke, softly.

Jimin turned his gaze and looked at the person sitting by the bedside. His mother hasn't changed much since the last time he saw her, except perhaps the bags under her eyes. She looked like she hasn't had a good night's sleep in a long time.

"W-what are you doing here? Where's my Taehyung?", Jimin deadpanned.

"Your Taehyung? You mean that weird kid? He was hysterical. I sent him home with his brother", she said steely.

"How dare you? Who are you to boss people around?", Jimin spat, sitting up despite the pain shooting through his entire body.

"This is a hospital Jimin. I haven't raised you to scream in public places", she got up and poured water into a glass and offered it to Jimin who swiftly refused by shaking his head.

"It's so good to see you're so concerned for your only son, who as far as I remember was thrown out of the house by none other than you", Jimin spoke, this time lowering his voice a little.

"We did what we thought was right. We had to show you the right path"

"Oh, Did you now? And that included disowning me, cutting off financing help and throwing me out of the house with nowhere to go? Thank you mother. I am truly enlightened now", Jimin was seething. His face visibly red.

"Where's father, might I ask? Was he too busy with his office to make the journey?", Jimin said, shooting daggers at his mother.

"He's down at the accounts department. Taking care of the bill", she sat back down.

"I don't need your help. I am very much capable of taking care of my bills. Why are you actually here? Who asked you to come?", Jimin was losing his temper, his voice , despite his attempts, was rising again.

"Some kind strangers found your father's business card in your wallet. That useless friend of yours couldn't even give a name or an address or a phone number to contact. He just kept hitting himself and screaming gibberish while you lied unconscious", Mrs Park stared, venom lacing every word that left her mouth.

"You do not speak my Taehyung's name from that filthy and disgusting mouth of yours. You know nothing about him", Jimin was ready to jump off the bed and fight his mother physically, if he had to. This conversation was heading no where and he just wanted to see if Taehyung was doing okay.

Poor TaeTae must be worried out of his mind, he thought.

At that instant, the door opens and a man in his fifty's walks inside. He is wearing a black formal suit and is holding a bunch of papers in his hands. Golden rimmed glasses sits a little lower on his nose.

"There you are father. Thought you wouldn't make it here", Jimin mocked.

"Jimin. I see you haven't changed your ways. Is this how your greet your father?", Mr. Park walked over to the bed and handed the papers to his wife, who took them and put them in her handbag.

"Is it done?"

Mr. Park nodded in response. He cleared his throat.

"The bills are cleared. You have to stay here overnight just so the doctors can observe your conditions. You will be discharged in the morning. We can then discuss, when you will move back", he announced.