Agape

Jimin was lying in bed after a long and tiring day. His shift was exhausting, thanks to the newbie Jungkook who kept following him around and pestering him with non-stop questions. He had hoped to compensate for the shitty shift by having a relaxing time at the park with Taehyung, but that turned out shitty as well.

Now here he was, mentally and physically drained, lying in his bed, still in his work clothes. Call him lazy all you want, but Jimin's mind was swirling with a multitude of extreme emotions. Something, Tae spoke today bothered him. It shook him to the core.

"But mama leave TaeTae."

For any normal human being who was been abandoned by their parent, the normal emotion they would harbor is rage, bitterness or hatred. But not Taehyung. Even after all these years, the first emotion that blossomed on his face when he was reminded of his past was confusion. He was confused as to why his mother left him. The not-knowing bothered him more than the act of leaving itself.

Why would she leave him anyway? Because he was born different? Because he needed a little more attention and love? Is that all? Don't parents usually have an endless supply of love, support and patience to give when it comes to their own children? How can you disown a part of you that you carried inside you for nine months?

Jimin wanted to track down Tae's parents and smack some sense into them. Tell them how perfect their son is; so kind, so tender and oh, so innocent. Tell them that if they can't be there for their own son, he would. He would give so much love to Taehyung that he will never ever need their presence ever again.

Fuck Tae's parents. Fuck my own. We have each other now. We will be enough for each other.

Jimin's insides blazed. He didn't know what to make of it. His vow to protect Taehyung at all costs, what did it meant? Did he love him now? Romantically? No. This isn't it. His love is unconditional. Agape, as the ancient Greeks called it. Loving someone so deeply that you're willing to do anything to protect and cherish them while expecting absolutely nothing in return. Jimin didn't expect anything in return for his love. He didn't even expect some of the love back.

Jimin closed his eyes. Immediately, his mind replayed a small clip of Taehyung. Taehyung with his soft, curly and fluffy hair with headphones on. Bobbing his head to some nameless music while his slender beautiful fingers sketched something on his leather bound sketchbook. He has a serene look on his face. Jimin wondered what he would look like, smiling. Would it be a small, conscious smile like the one you offer in a formal situation or to a stranger? Or would it be a big, toothy smile which reached up to his eyes?

^^^^^^^

"Minnie! What the hell, wake up!"

Jimin jolted up. Where am I? What is this place? What time is it? What year is it? Wait, who woke me up? Jimin's mind bombarded him with questions and he frantically looked around to find answers. Before he could comprehend, he got a flick on his forehead.

"Ouch!", he yelled, rubbing his now throbbing forehead with his fingertips.

"Serves you right. Do you have any idea how long I have been trying to wake you for? And what's with the stupid grin?", a very disgruntled Yoongi stood by the side of the bed, with his hand crossed over his chest and his left foot tapping the floor.

"Hyung! I am so sorry. I must have passed out. Have you eaten?", Jimin jumped off bed and hugged the older, who even though is not a hugger, returned it back.

"No, I am waiting for you. Well, we are waiting for you", Yoongi said, awkwardly.

"We? Who's we?", Jimin whisper yelled, not wanting whoever it was, to hear him.