Flu

Jimin woke up with a stuffy nose and severe headache rattling his brain. He tried to sit up to examine his situation but he felt nauseated and weak. Slowly, he got out of bed and headed to the bathroom and checked himself in the mirror. His eyes were red and swollen. Jimin bought his hand to his forehead and realized his skin was boiling.

Great, I am down with the flu.

Suddenly, he heard knocking on his door and Yoongi's voice.

"Come on in, Hyung", he groaned as his throat felt scratchy from being under the weather.

"What's wrong?", Yoongi quickly walked up to him, held his hand and helped him to bed.

"God you have high fever. Let me get a bowl and a rag, we have to get your temperature down", Yoongi left the room and in a few minutes was back with a bowl and a small towel.

"Hyung. I am fine, really", Jimin muttered weakly, trying to sit up.

"Excuse me. I get to decide if you're okay or not. You're not moving from the bed until you get an approval from me. I will call Jin and cancel your shift", Yoongi said sternly, dipping the towel in the water, wringing it and putting it on the younger's forehead.

Jimin tried to protest that he was okay and that he can go through the day just fine, but it all fell on deaf ears.

"Let me make you some soup and porridge. It's a good thing my work starts late", Yoongi said. He tucked Jimin in, closed the door and headed to the kitchen.

"I am going to miss seeing you today Taehyung", Jimin whispered out and drifted off to sleep.

^^^^^^^^

It was 10:30 am sharp and the Kim brothers made their way to their favorite cafe. Namjoon entered first, followed by Taehyung who glanced sideways at the register like he always did but didn't find his favorite waiter.

He felt uncomfortable, but made his way to his seat. As usual, he took his sketch pad out and placed it neatly at the table. Namjoon got back from the register and sat down in front of him, as usual.

"Sorry TaeTae. Jimin's not here today", he whispered softly.

Taehyung froze. All this while he thought, Jimin might be in one of the back rooms and would come serve their food, but no. He wasn't even in the cafe. Tae felt unease creep up his spine. He swayed back and forth, fiddling with the pencil in his hand. This won't do. No.

"It's okay TaeTae. He is sick and taking rest. I am sure he will be back tomorrow", Namjoon tried to console him because he could feel that Tae is clearly upset now.

Tae shook his head.

"N-no. Come. Now. Ji-min", Tae said, dropping the pencil and fiddling with his fingers now.

"He can't come now TaeTae. He's at home taking rest", Namjoon reasoned.

"H-hyung"

"Yes Tae?"

"Ji-min not come Tae-Tae?", Tae asked with a small voice. Taehyung never usually expresses his emotions, but the way he asked broke Namjoon's heart.

Just then, a waitress came with their food. She was about to place the tray, when Tae aggressively shook his head and swayed back and forth more, showing his dissatisfaction. The waitress took a couple of steps back and stood, not sure what to make of this situation. Namjoon sighed and took the tray from her and apologized. She immediately took off, relieved to escape the situation.

"Come on now Tae. You have to finish your food", Namjoon served the food instead.

Tae shook his head and stared out the window, having made his mind not to touch the food.