Cuddle

The party resumed but it wasn't the same anymore. Though everyone made constant attempts to bring back the same ambience as before, they failed miserably. Part of the reason was that they ignored the ginormous elephant in the room, Taehyung's self-harm episode. No one dared speak about it. More than the action itself, they were all scared of Namjoon's reaction if they dared opened their mouth. Everyone knew how protective Namjoon was of his little brother.

He has practically raised him after all.

Namjoon was relatively quiet. After dinner (which as promised by Yoongi was Chinese takeouts), they sat down for a round of drinks after Yoongi dropped Jungkook off at his home.

"Hyung?", Jimin who was standing behind the couch with Taehyung behind him and their pinkies wrapped around each other, whispered to Namjoon.

"Yeah Min?", Namjoon looked startled from someone addressing him suddenly but he quickly composed himself.

"Can Taehyung and I head upstairs? He's drained and I did rather be with him", Jimin asked nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. Namjoon stared at him and Taehyung, who stood a little behind Jimin staring down at his feet and then nodded in agreement.

"Thank you Hyung", Jimin bowed, grateful for the older agreeing. After the incident, he wasn't sure what Namjoon felt about him. Did he hate him for pushing Tae over the edge? Jimin just wanted to ask him outright, but decided to delay it to some other time, after all the party was still very much continuing.

"Goodnight everyone! We will be heading upstairs. You guys have a good time!", Jimin smiled and made eye contact around the room. Then he tugged at his pinky and urged Taehyung, who very uncomfortably whispered a 'Good night' and trailed behind Jimin as they walked up the stairs.

^^^^^^

"You okay Joonie? You're awfully quiet", Jin asked, placing his hand softly on Namjoon's shoulder to shake him out of his train of thoughts.

"Oh. Yeah...I mean. Yes. I am okay Hyung!", Namjoon whisper yelled, stuttering every single word out.

"You can talk to us. If you want to, of course. No pressure. But it does help", Hoseok chimed, smiling encouragingly.

"Before you express yourself, I want to say something of my own. Jimin is a nice guy Joonie and I am not saying it just because he is my cousin. I don't know what the hell happened there between them, I can guarantee you that he would never do it on purpose. He-", Yoongi was interrupted.

"I don't blame or hate Jimin", Namjoon spoke a little louder, interjecting Yoongi's ramblings.

"You don't?", Yoongi looked surprised.

"I know Jimin didn't mean to hurt him. No one could have anticipated Tae's violent reaction. I have seen them around each other as much as you have, Hyung. Neither one would do anything to cause even a minute inconvenience to the other. The only thing for which I hold Jimin accountable is how he has managed to bring about so many amazing changes in Taehyung. You guys have noticed it, haven't you?", Namjoon asked, his eyes darting between Jin and Yoongi, who silently nod in agreement. Hoseok shifted his gaze between the other three, curiously waiting to know more about Taehyung.

"He expresses himself more now. He actually speaks", Jin said, smiling at Namjoon and continuing to rub his shoulder.

"He is leaving the house more often. He even came here with you today. Had it been like before, he would have remained cooped up in his art studio", Yoongi spoke, eyes focused on nothing in particular.

"All because of Jimin", Namjoon concluded. It was the truth, there was no denying it. All these seemingly impossible tasks has been made possible simply by Jimin's presence.