22: a glimpse behind¹

-» • «-

connections from the past

-» • «-

━━━━━━

You

Walking trough the school hallway, students began to murmurs among themselves as their eyes obviously lock on my direction.

I paid no mind and continuiously move forward, heading to our afternoon class. However, Ryujin takes their stares as offensive matter, sending daggers at them which I didn't mind. As if like she would stop if ever I tell her.

I stop myself from walking and spin around, wrapping a hand around the doorknob before twisting it and pushes it open. Surprisingly, no one was here yet. Or i thought so.

I was suprise to see Xiumin sleeping on his desk which was unexpected. He was nowhere to be found during the other day and that made him even more suspicious so I gazed over my companion.

"Hey Ryujin. Have you seen him participating in the tournament?" I asked, tilting my head to cast a glance over the sleeping male.

"No. I stayed by your side remember?" oh. I nodded, seemingly feeling a little disappointment.

"Why?" She asked, eyebrows furrowed.

I shrugs and sauntered over my seat.

Ryujin just keep herself mum, totally understanding me. I'm glad tho. That she didn't pushes the question.

I let out a sigh and slump down on my seat resting my head on my desk and closes my eyes.

....

....

....

....

"Please i'm begging you. Don't take my daughter away!" A woman pleads, begging on her knees. Tears stained her cheeks. She clutch onto the man clothed leg, desperately grasping it to stop him from moving.

The man jaw clench in anger, raising her hand to plant a hard slap across the woman's face, making her stumble down the cold floor. "We have an agreement and you have no choice but to pay for it." he muttered out grimly, eyes burning in fury.

"Please.." the woman begs, voice weak.

He ignores her and walk inside a house that belongs to the woman, walking directly to a certain room, where his real purpose were now silently crying, holding her younger sister secure in her arms.