29: mission complete

—» • «—

at last

—» • «—

:・゚✧:・゚✧:・゚✧:・゚✧

:・゚✧:・゚✧:・゚✧:・゚✧

You

My mouth form an 'o' as he explain how all the things work here. It was all because of magic.

"As much as I want you to release the elves from that monster I can't let you destroy this place. This is our home." he remark, and look around where the other elves who share the same fate as him hopelessly sat on the rocks inside the cell. Body shrunken and shoulders slumped in.

I stared at the barrier that seperated me and him. Thinking of another way to solve this problem.

He said that this place were surrounded by magic and invisible barrier. Elves who were trapped were unable to use their magic as to why they have no choice but to follows order someone who have them by the neck.

Elves were unable also to leave this place, cause this place is trapped inside a barrier that forbid whoever inside this place to leave the palace.

It also explained why he have so much confident, but trying won't hurt.

I lift my gaze to him. "Is there any other way to destroy the magic barrier?"

He was caught off guard by the question, blinking confusely at me but answer me anyway. "There is."

A brief silence.

He exhale out a breath. "The only way is to kill or destroy the source of the magic."

Oh..

"I understand."

I stood up and dusted my pants off, striding my feet towards door of my cell. Trying won't hurt.

I gently grasp the magical vines that trap me.

...

...

...

...

Nothing happened. I sigh and shrugged nonchalantly. It won't work.

Wrong. I wasn't nonchalant about it.

I kick the vines in annoyance as I let go it go and sauntered towards the man with a scowl on my face.

"Wait! How did you?!" I lift a brow when he stand up and stared at me in shock, mouth agape.

Puzzle, I spun around and saw the vine I kick turning gray and burn into ashes like a burning paper. My eyes light up in delight.