Mommy Dearest

Lily’s Point of View

I don’t believe in using someone’s mother’s name in vain or anyone in that manner. But there are certain barriers allowed to be crossed when you’ve simply had enough. I’ve had enough of Scott’s mom antics.

She doesn- Better yet Susan doesn’t know when to be blunt with a person. Her opinion is always offered even if it isn’t necessarily needed. From the very first time we met, everything I have said or done has been an opportunity to aim negativity towards my way:

Two years ago

“Everything is going to be fine.” Scott reassured for what seemed like the thousandth time, as he extending his left hand to press down on the door bell. I stood there beside him practically shaking anxiously, thinking to myself if I made a run back to car would he notice.

Scott thought we should take the next step (more like biggest step of all) in a our relationship by meeting each others parents. Miraculously his idea to set up a date and place to meet his parents, happen to come to mind soon as a family reunion invite came into the mail.

I was all for him spending time with his family until he mentioned what better way to meet his parents while the whole family is there. I was hoping for a little quiet dinner similar to what happened when Scott met my dad. Unfortunately we can’t everything we want in life.

I’ve been dreading flying all way out here to Los Angeles to be surrounded by people unsure if they’re willing to except my presence or not. Although Scott did care, but it wasn’t enough to convince me that everything will be fine because all he could say is that I’m putting too much thought into the whole idea.

“Too much thought” Scott baby you’re basically putting a small slinky toy into cage a full of dogs ready to attack the poor thing at any minute. That’s how I felt that I was going to be target of questions. If my answers didn’t fit the description his family has in mind, I was going to be ripped to shreds. He also mentioned that his parents were nice and humble. I’m holding every word to him. Because it’s definitely going to bite him in the ass and this time I will have my turn to be the dog.

Not even moments later. A person that was around the same height and had similar features as Scott opened the door with a drink in his hand.

“Adam!” Scott exclaimed, as wide tooth grin taking over his features.

“Scooter!” Adam says with the same exact emotion pulling Scott into manly hug. I stood there awkwardly waiting to be noticed.

“Long time no see bro. How have you been?” the Adam character brought the bottle up to take swig of beer. Scott gave a slight shrug before responding around. After going into full details of catching up. Scott turned to face me while pulling me closer to him.

“Adam, I’ll like to introduce you to my girlfriend Lily.” Finally! I almost screamed out but instead I put on my best smile and extended my hand.

“It’s nice to meet you Lily. I’ve heard so much about you.” Adam confessed with a small smile.

“Hopefully it’s all good.” I say, taking a step in as he finally granted us entrance.

“Don’t worry it’s nothing but positive.” Adam slapped a hand on Scott’s shoulder before jerking it back and forth slightly. “Oh man, mom’s looking for you. She’s out back.” Adam notified before he got lost into the crowd of people during their own thing.

“I’ll be right back.” Scott informed, without a single thought that I didn’t know anyone here. I nodded and founded myself sitting down on the couch next to an elderly women. I gave her a short smile as my eyes danced around hoping everything goes well.