Unclosed Secrets

Justin’s Point of View

   One Month Later

“Out of all the talk show hosts you could have chosen, you deliberately picked Letterman. He’s a real dick.” I complained out loud, thinking back to how the prick has had it out for me ever since I first made an appearance on his show.

“You’re right, he’s an hard ass, and that’s exactly what you need. If can you knock one down , you can get through them all.” Scooter stated bluntly.

“In that case, why didn’t you interview me? I’ve been dealing with you for the longest, it’s nothing out my nature that I can’t handle.” a wicked grin spread across my lips, as the blonde who very much reminded me of my own let out a sniffled laughter as she went back and forth from my hair to make-up. Scooter shot her a displeased look signifying it wouldn’t take long for him to pull a few strings to have her job. I’ve seen it done before.

“Save the smart ass remarks for when you’re on stage, you’re going to need them.” I sighed, rather wanting to go without the constant reminders oh what was to come. “Oh and Justin?”

“What?” I spoke clenched jaw, focusing on his hard gaze through the mirror before me.

“Don’t screw this up.” Scooter muttered, giving me a knowing look.

The pictures on the dressing room wall and the ground below shook from the impact of the door coming to a close. I asked for a moment to myself to think things thoroughly. Lily’s face being the first to pop up in my mind. I told her. I told her everything. From the night of the hospital, why I couldn’t bring myself to pick her up the following morning, being blackmail, and what I promised to do the most is let her in on how I feel.

Of course She didn’t take too kindly about what happened, in fact I can recall her saying she would personally put her foot in Scooter’s ass. I smile at the memory shortly, of how long it took me to calm her down, but that was when her word was kept to let me take charge and stand behind me. Let me be a man.

After tonight everything is going to change and all I can ask is for the better.

There was a knock on the door bringing me back to reality.

“Come in.” I replied, casually adjusting myself, watching as the door slowly creek open and Lily appeared within my view. My lips parted into a smile as I met her half way pull her into me. “I didn’t think you would show up.”

“It made it my mission to be. After all I’m here to support my man.” I smiled, savoring the way it rolled of her tongue. “I love the way that sound. Say it again.”

“You’re my man.” Lily says teasingly, putting emphasizes on man.

“Don’t forget it because I’m going to make sure everyone knows it by the end of tonight.” I promised, pulling her in for a small kiss before I could feel a light moment turn serious within a matter of seconds. I pulled back to look at her.

“Are you sure about this? I mean, I want this more than ever. I just don’t want you to feel like you’re pressured to do this and the next day you’re feeling regret.”

“Lily.” I whispered, using my thumb to caress over her hand in the gentlest way possible. “You’re everything to me. I want this more than anything. I can almost feel the clock ticking down to the moment I go on stage is the moment we’re finally free. I’ve waited for the longest to be able to kiss, hold you, show admiration without it being behind closed doors. I’m not backing down before I am able to earn the privilege fully. I’m done caring about what people have to say about us, especially when they don’t know about what we have. The world may not be ready for us and that’s fine because it will always be us against the world. ”