Intervene

Lily’s Point of View

Once again my phone went off and I couldn’t bring myself to pick up or less known look at the screen knowing very well who lies on the other end. Hearing the delightful sound of Justin’s voice knowing I don’t deserve to receive such a warm presence. The battle between guilt and remorse lies within me to constantly remind that the situation couldn’t be avoided, covered up with a lie, the most unfortunate one of all taken back. I sighed, heavily turning the key welcoming the silence in as I sat in deep despair in front of dad’s home. The only person I knew that wouldn’t judge me however, I knew I was in for a rude awakening called tough love.

I withdrawn myself from the drivers seat, purposely leaving my phone behind as I slammed the door. As I made my way up the stairs. I laid down on the doorbell counting the matter of seconds it would take for someone to respond. Clearly realizing now, I haven’t put much thought to how I was going to explain the past events that have taken place. Surely he isn’t completely oblivious to everything that is going on in my life due to the media constantly interfering only to have a bunch of pictures and articles that’s getting them a mediocre paycheck. However it’s what lies behind those pictures and articles that could be a hard pill to swallow.

Laying on the doorbell, the front door creek open and stood my dad. “Lily.” He looked taken back to see me. The last time I set foot on his door step was when I told him I was moving to LA. Fortunately at the time being he didn’t press for answers. Somehow I think we both knew what was going on without saying.

I quickly engulfed him into a hug taking him by a further surprise “Hi Dad.”

He squeezed me tightly and patted my back. “How have you been?” He asked, pulling back to close the front door.

“Nothing, but good.” I sighed, taking a small look around the home that I’ve spent majority of my life in. Seeing how nothing as changed gave me a sense of security that everything in my life isn’t evolving for the worse. A certain picture over the fireplace caught my eye. I waltz over and stared attentively at the portrait of Dad, Mom, and I in front of the Hale yacht. I trailed my finger over the framed portrait sulking in the fund memories of that day. Suddenly wishing, I could go back to simpler days. Even just for a moment would be fulfilling.

“How have you been?” I asked, turning around to face him to make small talk. I didn’t want it to come as if I came all the way over here to make everything about me. I truly did miss his presence so much.

“I’ve been fine, but don’t think for one moment that you can avoid elaborating on what has been going on with you. And I don’t want to hear nothing this time around, when it’s clearing something. I know it’s more to the stories than what the media have been saying. I want to hear your side.”

Within that moment I felt like a child being scorned and left with no choice but to tell confess the true. I toyed with the hem of blouse before joining him on the couch.

“When I say nothing is wrong I mean everything. It never fails whenever I try to fix these predicaments I placed in for the better somehow I find myself digging a deeper hole. The problems are only building up, before I know it everything will come crashing down, bringing me right along. It seems like everyone is routing for Justin and I to mess up. I could handle it when we where hiding from only a few people now the whole world is watching and waiting for our next move. Not mark karma on anyone or myself, but I just wish something else would come along and take the spotlight off of us. I feel like as if this will be a never ending thing. I will always be looked at as the women whose a hussy for doing the unthinkable. Scott and Justin relationship will always be on the rocks. Most of all I will never stop blaming myself for letting this all happen.”