Treacherous

Lily's Point of View 

They’ve been going at it for almost an hour now, taking small pauses in between giving me enough time to think about pulling myself away from the wall before my emotions become permanently involved.  But no, it was a like lethal injection paralyzed me from the waist down, forcing me to listen. I’ve counted just how many times my name has been said. Nineteenth times, wait make it twenty to be exact. Here I was thinking, trouble couldn’t make it’s way to paradise. Clearly I was wrong, that’s nothing new. Similar to how I’m wrong for Justin also according to Mr. Bieber’s theories, who I suddenly lost all conformability to be on first name bases with. 

“Can’t you see that the two of them are happy? Justin even said so himself after you practically threw yourself at Lily!” Pattie stated exasperatedly. I could picture her shaking her head in disgrace.

“I was being polite!” Jeremy spat, making me jump slightly. Then came a brief pause, realizing he overstepped his boundaries with his tone, “Look don’t get me wrong, Lily is a very nice young lady, but their relationship is nothing but deadly. Mark my word when I say it isn’t going to end well.” 

“I’m starting to the this isn’t about Lily and Justin. It’s because of Scooter isn’t it? That’s why you’re making such a big fuss! Oh I see what it is now.” 

“You think?  He’s been trying to take my place since day one. He wanted me out of the picture as if I didn’t exist, he stepped up to a plate that is already preoccupied. Going around tossing sob stories left and right about how I wasn’t there for Justin and how he’s the only reliable male figure in his life. He tainted my name and had everyone around him brainwashed for the longest including you and Justin. I didn’t trust him one bit and I still don’t. You think he’s over the fact that Justin took Lily from him?” He scoffed, then continued on. 

“Don’t be delusional Pattie,  I understand what Justin did is inexcusable, but after what he did should have landed him behind bars. You had the choice to put that asshole where he belongs and you let him go with a slap on the wrist. You gave him the opportunity to strike again without any consequences. Something like this doesn’t go away that easily. He will pull another stunt and that’s when I’ll step in and show him whose a real man and Justin’s real father.”

“And till that day comes you won’t try to contact him and you won’t create a whole another list of problems. This is suppose to be a vacation. A time to rejuvenate. It was suppose to be Lily and Justin’s time together,  they were kind enough to invite us. Don’t be the bad guy in this when we just got rid of one.” She sighed, lowering her voice.

“I know how Lily and Justin started isn’t acceptable. I don’t agree with all of the problems they have caused, but I pushed that aside because I can see it in his smile and eyes that’s he’s genuinely happy.  Lily is  too. Don’t take that away from them,  Jeremy. Let them be.” 

He sighed in defeat, “Fine, I’ll leave it alone,” I heard footsteps followed by a heart dropping silence, “But I will be one to tell you I told you so,” Then the door slammed, pulling me out of the wicked trans I had no pleasure of being in. I looked to the side towards the dark shadows to make out Justin stirring in his sleep, reaching out for me. I forced a  grim smile, a little envious of how much a heavy sleeper he is. I heard a voice startled me. He on the other hand didn’t make a peek. I knew if I got back into bed, I’d wind up tossing and turning throughout the night. 

“Baby,” Justin swung his legs off the bed and sleepily walked my way, “What are you doing up so late?” He asked in concerned.

“I couldn’t sleep,” which was true but of course he going to get pushing the envelope until I go into details.