Wake Up Call

Justin's Point of View 

I stride through the airport hunched over with my hands deep into my pockets, hood up, shades, and bags hanging on each shoulder. All I wanted was to carry myself from point A to point B in one peace. The sound of my name being called repeatedly by a mixture of fans and paparazzi’s flashing their cameras was enough to drive any man mad. This is one of the main reasons why I take such long breaks. It allows me to restrain from reality and have time for myself. More than anything I just want get away to be me. Without being bothered by others who force themselves into my personal space or being questioned for decisions that I’ve made on my own terms. And even when I am closed off in my own circle, problems still find their way in. What is going to take for everyone to realize enough is enough?

As I was rushed outside, I found my driver out front waiting for me. Once inside I took a minute to absorb the peace and quiet before calmly stating “To the Four Seasons.” He nodded, taking off.

During my flight I was presented with a lot of time to think. Something I never get to do alone but I took advantage of the few hours I had to do so. I mainly thought about Lily. And most of all when Lily sprung the bit of information on me last night that alone. Surely I am mad that soon as we drift apart something always takes a toll for the worst. Of course, I want an explanation as to where and why she and Scooter were together. The only thing that’s keeping me sane at this point is the fact Lily was the one who told me. I’ll admit however only to myself that I’m a tough person to come across. Once I made up my mind, it’s all said and done. I’m not open for apologizes and reasoning. But Lily, she’s slowly starting break that wall down and allowing me to become a much open person.

“We’re here Justin.”

“Thanks, man. I’ll call if I need you once again.” I informed, unknowing how long I was going to be staying. Not even a few minutes later I found myself standing in front of the receptionist front desk.

“How can I help you sir?” The clerk asked.

“Yeah, I was wondering if I could know what room Lily Hale is in? Is any possible way I can have the key?”

The clerk gives me an unfortunate looked followed by “I’m sorry sir, that’s going against our hotel policy to distribute information of another customer unless they or you can confirm your relations to one another. However, what I can do is provide you is an available room.”

I laugh slightly at shaking my head how quite naïve she was being. This disguise only goes a long way, anyone in their right mind would be able to put two and two together of who I am. If they’ve been keeping up with the headlines. Now would be your chance to conform the rumors. I leaned, making sure there weren’t any wandering eyes. “I don’t think you understand.” I stated, removing my shades giving her a small smile.

She gapped as she realize who I am. “Oh my, I had no idea who you were. I’m terribly sorry.” She rambled on nervously, as she pulled open the draw in front of her fumbling with the room cards before finally pulling one out and laying it on the front desk.

“Room 409.” She smiled politely.

I glanced down at her name tag, while sliding the card off into pocket “Thanks Susan.” I could hear her giggling and gossiping soon as I walked away. I wouldn’t be surprised if a new story is the outcome after that small encounter. 

406.…407.…408.…409

As I stood in front of the door I can barely hear a pin drop from the other side. I assumed either Lily is sleep or out. Not chancing my guesses, I slid the card down until the light indicated green welcoming myself. In an instant I spotted, Lily laying on the bed with her back turned. I slide my bags down from shoulders onto the floor. I climb in, gently trying to coax her out of her sleep.