Chapter 5: A timeleaper's decision

TAKEMICHI'S POV

I barely kept awake as I read information about the Tokyo Manji gang. "I have a hypothesis about your ability to leap through time". Naoto has no common sense. "First of all, you time leapt from July 4th 2017 to July 4th 2005. In other words I'm sure that your ability is to return to the same day 12 years in the past". Absolutely zero common sense.

July 6th 2017

"That's the important part", pointed out Naoto. I don't care, I'm so sleepy. I've been confined at Naoto's place for the last two days basically without any sleep. Staying alive by drinking energy drinks. "Please cram as much info into your head about the Tokyo Manji gang as you possibly can". Naoto is trying to kill me.

8On July 1st 2017 Tachibana Hinata was killed during a festival after a truck rammed into a stall. She was 26. Naoto drilled info about the Tokyo Manji gang into my skull. "Is all of this really necessary?". Naoto is a detective in the organised crime department. He is well informed about their internal affairs.

"If there's one problem with your ability then its this. You can only go to the current date, 12 years in the past". ".......That was just your hypothesis wasn't it? Firstly, I'm still worrying if I can go to the past anyhow. "YOU'LL GO BACK TO THE DAY MY SISTER DIED!". I flinch at Naoto's volume. Maybe not staying awake for the past few days took a toll on him aswell.

"If you were to stop her from going to that festival. Then you could save her! The chance for that one day will come after waiting 12 years.....the risk is too high after all that", Naoto mumbled. I could hear my heart badump. "If we were to let that day slip by we wouldn't b able to save her anymore.... I cant allow that to happen!"....... "There is something we can do now. Please use the time leap to go 12 years into the past. And meet a certain person back in your middle school years. "A certain person?", I ask hesitantly.

"These are the Toman leaders. Sano Manjiro and Kisaki Tetta". I take a look at the picture and shiver in fear. The two radiated a deadly aura, even though they were pictures. "If those two had never met, then the current Tokyo Manji gang wouldn't exist. In other words there would be nothing for my sister to get dragged into and get killed". I nod as I mumble. ".....I get it. If I return to middle school and stop those two from meeting...".

"Then Toman wouldn't exist!". "I understand that but how am I supposed to get back to the past?", I question him hesitantly. "I know the time leap trigger". "Huh?". "I know what to do. When I shook hands with Takemichi-kun 12 years ago, I could feel the inside you past Takemichi kun disappear. The trigger is shaking hands with you. Perhaps I am one part of your ability since you saved me".

I though he was just lacking common sense, but he really believes I can leap through time. So he's made a serious effort to come this far. "Are you ready?", he asks me. I wont lose to Naoto. In how much I want to save Tachibana. "Yeah". "Sano and Kisaki. Both of them are going to meet in 2005. It doesn't matter which but get in contact with one of them. Let's work together, and prevent that meeting". "Alright.....I'll try to do something", I assure him as I grab his hand.

■Badump!■

■Past■

TAKEMICHI'S POV

I open my eyes, only to see a crowd of people shouting at me to fight. "Come on! Let's fight already!". I look up to see a guy prepared to punch me. "Hold on a sec!". I fumble and take out my phone only to see July 6th 2005. I'm 12 years in the past! Just as Naoto said! I really did leap through time! "Rawgh!".

*thump*.

I groaned as I lay on the ground, as the punch had collided with my face. I got punched. "Oi, Hanagaki is awake". And knocked out. "You fuck head. That was a one hit KO. Everybody bet money on you". "What a fucking let down of a match". ......a match? "Ain't that right Kiyomasa?". That scarred eyebrow, belong to the leader of Shibuya middle. Kiyomizu Masataka!