Chapter 9 My best friend fell of the roof can you believe it?

“I have been waiting for you to come, Takemichi". “Akkun ... what do you mean by that?”, I asked him worriedly. “Let’s talk outside. I’d like to talk, just the two of us. Is that alright?”. I follow him until a voice stops me. “Takemichi-kun. Be careful. I’ll wait here".

“Okay. Its alright", I smile at Naoto. As I walk out onto the roof, Akkun puts an arm around my shoulders and grins. “How ya been Takemichi?!”. “Ow ow ow! That hurts Akkun!”. “Ha ha ha. I’m happy I get to see you after so long. It’s been since middle school, right?”. “Yeah. It’s been arpd ten years since we saw each other Akkun".

“You remember when that really serious thing happened?”. “Oh yeah! And Yamagishi ruined the mood with a fart". “....Haah. But man Akkun, you sure are amazing now! You’re the owner of a huge cabaret club like this and a manager of Toman? You get to drive the best cars, wear the best clothes and screw the best women. A world like that is completely foreign to me-". “Its all because I know how to get my hands on money", Akkun interrupted me.

“The guy who came along with you is a detective, isn’t he?”. “Huh? Uh.... well". How did he find out so fast?! “Its alright. You don’t need to hide it. He is Tachibana Hinata's little brother isn’t he? I didn’t k ow she had a little brother. Tokyo Manji gang is that type of organisation". ....... “How did you know that?”. “Hey do you remember the day after you had gone up to Kiyomasa-kun that summer of our second middle school year?

After everyone else had gone home you said “If we all were to go our separate ways. What do you think we’d talk about after becoming adults”. “Yeah I remember!”. “Well what do you think of this conversation..... The one who pushed you onto those train tracks........ was me". “Huh?”. “You definitely should have died then. But someone saved you. Tachibana Naoto did! It seems like he actually knew that you were going to fall onto the tracks at that time!

I know this is weird to say but...... could you by chance...... be able to return to the past, Takemichi? And then the past Naoto wanted to help you. THATS IT ISNT IT!? IF THAT WASNT THE TRUTH, IT’D BE PLAIN WEIRD WOULDNT IT!? It wasn’t a situation in which he’d be able to save you unless he knew about it beforehand. RIGHT? IT'D BE WEIRD OTHERWISE WOULDNT IT? WOULDNT IT!?”, he shook me furiously. “Stop it! Which of those is the weird one?

What are you even talking about Akkun!? Akkun ...... you shouldn’t be like this! Akkun you were always composed”. ‘I was thinking about taking out my weapon and taking Kiyomasa-kun myself’. “You were someone who would sacrifice themselves for their friends. You were kind..... and reliable.... that’s why... you have to be lying! There’s no way Akkun would try to kill me! Because we’re friends.”, I sobbed and rubbed furiously at my eyes.

“Takemichi. One day I became like this, you know? I’m one of Kisaki's men now”. “Kisaki?.... as in Tetta Kisaki?”. “All the members of Toman are Kisaki's men now. I haven’t seen Mikey-kun in years now". I stay silent until I slowly speak up. “Akkun. Its not too late. To leave Toman".

“Haha. That’s impossible. I'm too scared. I’m scared of Kisaki with every fibre of my being”. He walks to the edge and continues. “Takemichi. The reason for Mikey’s change, was Draken's death and Xeno's coma”. “Huh!? Draken's dead?”. And who is this Xeno guy? “He wasn’t supposed to die. Draken who wasn’t supposed to die, died. And here I am, living it up with dirty money", he climbed onto the ledge.

“I always admired you. You who would always stand firm even when crying”. “Akkun.”. “The one you want to save by returning to the past is her right? That’s the ultimate love isn’t it? Ha ha ha”. “Hey get down from there, it’s dangerous!”. “..... Good luck Takemichi”. He smiled at me, a tear falling from his eye. “Save everyone.... Mr. Crybaby hero”.

“Stop Akkun. AKKUN!”, I lunged forward but it was too late as he leaped off the ledge and down onto the street. I heard a thud from down below and people screaming. “Akkun?”. Looking over the edge, I saw his dead body sprawled out on the pavement, blood painting the pavement where his head should be. “Agh! AAAGGGHHH!”. Behind a small entrance a man stood and fixed his glasses with a hmph.

“Just leave him alone for now”, Naoto tried to make the police officers leave as I sat on the stairs, mourning Akkun's death. “Its okay. They want to interview me right?”.

“Just rest for a little while". “Naoto. While I’m being interrogated, find out everything you can about the day Ryuguji Ken died and about a person called Xeno”. “Huh?”. “It was Kisaki Tetta that turned Toman into what it is today. Naoto I....