Chapter 22 Life's a bitch

XENO’S POV

I yawned as the early morning sun shone on my face and stretched out like a lazy cat…………… until my morning got ruined by a certain, black haired, fanged friend. “Morning XENO!!”.

*Smack!*.

I stuck to my reflexes and gave a nice smack to the face, causing Baji to lose consciousness. “Well………….. that was unexpected”. Getting dressed and doing my morning routine, I carried Baji downstairs in a bridal hold, and set him down on the couch. “Hey Baji did you f- AAH!”. I turned around and saw a small boy with an undercut, screaming like a little girl. “What did you do to Baji!?”. “He was loud and interrupted my morning. Blame the reflexs’s”, I muttered as I took out a bottle full of strong cologne and held it up to his nose.

1

2

3-

“ACHOOO!”. “Sleeping beauty’s awake. How was your nap, princess?”, I raised a brow as he shrunk under my gaze. “Hi X-Xeno. I was wondering if you wanna join thus to feed the street-cats?”. I deadpanned at him for the stupid reason he gave me, for waking me up early. “Let’s go. But you owe me breakfast. Who’s this by the way?”, I looked at the undercut boy. “Oh that’s Chifuyu! My second in commond and friend!”. “First of all, it’s command. C-O-M-M-A-N-D. And second of all………. Welcome Chifuyu. Now let’s go. The cats aren’t gonna feed themselves”. “Yes!”.

That’s how I ended up spending my morning feeding around a hundred cats, filming Baji getting attacked by a group of cats, and then eating Peyoung Yakisoba. All the time I was worried that Baji would mention me being in Valhalla, but he remained a beaming cat and acted like nothing happened at all.

I spent the rest of the day at home doing odd best and pieces until I got a text from Mikey late in the evening.

MANJIRO- THE ANNOYING ONE

HEY! HEY! Xenooooo! Can you head down to the bath house please? Me and Kenchin want to take you somewhere!

I glared at the screen and cursed Mikey for ruining my evening. Baji ruins my morning, Mikey ruins my evening. Is somebody gonna ruin my life next?

XENO

Fine I’ll be there.

Turning off my phone to let me get ready, I put on some warm clothes since it was freezing! Getting in my beautiful Corona, I drive at t a normal speed to the the bathhouses on the other side of town. Honestly, Mikey can be such an ass sometimes. Finally skidding to a stop near the entrance, I saw that I wasn’t the only one there. Mitsuya stood there with Souya and Muto? I think? “Hey Xeno! What brings you here?”. “Same as you I guess. Did Mikey seriously call me here for a Toman meeting? All I wanted was rest”. “Don’t worry Xeno! You can rest after the meeting!”, Souya encouraged as I just shook my head. “Let’s just wait for that brat”. After around 5 minutes, Mikey, Draken and Takemichi exited the bathhouse looking calm and relaxed. “Takemitchy, about time”. “Here comes the star of the show”. “Huh?”. “Takemitchy. Let’s go”.

“The nomination for the Tokyo Manji Gang’s Captain will now begin!!”.

.

.

.

.

WHAT!? OH SHIT! No no no! I can’t be here! Mutters went through the crowd as people wondered who the new captain would be. Some thought it would be Peh, but he stabbed Draken so that’s a no go. “THIRD DIVISION CAPTAIN!! STEP FORWARD!”. I jumped at Manjiro’s loud voice and almost fainted but I’m me I guess…………. “Outta the way!”. I froze at the familiar voice and hoped that it wouldn’t be who I think it is. Turning to the side, I chanted ‘please no’ over and over again. But, I guess todays not my day since the person I saw, gave me a small smirk and continued forward. He sat in front of Mikey, back facing him as members shouted their disapproval. The person was……….. “The man sitting behind me!! Is the new 3rd division captain! Tetta Kisaki!”. I immediately put on a blank face and didn’t show any emotions as others said how he was from Moebius. If only they knew……… “SHUT UP!! It’s Mikey’s decision! If you got a problem then step forward!”. Silence was the only sound as everyone immediately went quiet after Draken’s shout. “Our gang is going to……. Challenge Valhalla! Valhalla is a rising power…… to beat them….. Toman’s got to become powerful too! With Kisaki Tetta here….. We’ve got somebody from Moebius who was in charge of the guys of our generation. We need  Kisaki so we can challenge Valhalla!! Tetta Kisaki is now a leader of the 3rd division! Remember that! And now………… the second leader of the 3rd division………”. Whispers once again flitted all over the place as this is the first time a division had 2 main commanders. “Is XENO KUSANAGI!”.

DU DU DU DUUUUUUU

DU DU DU DUUUUUUU

……..I’m fucked, aren’t I?

This concludes the 3rd division captains nomination ceremony!”. “Leader!”. Mikey paused as Kisaki gave him a bow and thanked him”. Mikey said ‘yeah’ and just went somewhere.

 Then came the worst part, he walked over to me and started to speak, before……………