Chapter 29 Butterflies

XENO’S POV

I tried to focus on fighting Toman members, but it was difficult when Baji was injured and Kisaki wanted him dead. This was not part of our agreement!

I then saw Chifuyu and Takemichi trying to stop him so I calmed down and focused on the fight. I sent quick but powerful jabs at everyone and didn’t rest until the group that surrounded me was gone.

“Die Baji". I turned to the side and was horrified to see Kazutora had stabbed Baji. “RAARGH!”, Shouted Takemichi as he pushed Kazutora from the cars, away from Baji.

“Thanks for the same Takemichi. It was just a scratch". Just a scratch? Was it a trick of the light? I could’ve sworn he got stabbed pretty badly...

“KAZUTORA!! What the hell were you trying to do!?”, screamed Chifuyu in Kazu's face as he held him by his clothes. “I’m glad you’re alive".

“Huh? The hell’s your deal? I’m taking Kisaki down!! So shut up and watch". My eyes widened in fear as I couldn’t do anything to stop him, in fear of being exposed.

I was then punched in the face and saw that while I was distracted, around 20 members had surrounded me. “Lets take this piece of shit down!!”.  

I then proceeded to take them down as they were weak and inexperienced, making them my prey. Just when I finished up I heard a loud thud not too far from me.

The sight that met my eyes... I couldn’t express the overwhelming fear I had felt in that moment. Baji, with eye rolled back and blood dripping from his mouth was knocked out on the floor.

“BAJI-SAN! KISAKI! What did you do to him you bastard!”. “ You saw didn’t you. I didn’t do a damn thing”. I tried to get to Baji but I was held back by Toman members.

“KAZUTORAA!”. . . “I see now! He lured Baji into Valhalla... so he could kill him when he least expected it!... right, leader?”, asked Kisaki as he turned to face Mikey.

“..I wanted to kill you... for so long... as soon as you got out of juvie, I was going to kill you. But the one who kept telling me not to, was Baji”.

I watched Mikey walk down cars as I stood beside a pile of bodies. No....what is he saying? “Baji said...

“Kazutora just wanted to make you happy Mikey. That’s why can’t accept it. Even though he killed your brother. To make himself believe he wasn’t the bad guy, Kazutora had no choice but to decide you were... his enemy”.

He slowly got down and continued through the crowd of fighters, everyone pausing and staying silent as his eyes grew lifeless and dull. “This fight is over".

“Huh!? Hey hey hey! The fights over!? You trying to fuck with me, Mikey? That’s not something you get to decide, bitch!”.

In the next second Hanma lay twitching on the ground. “See? Its over". “Hanma-san?”.

“N-no way".

“That's bogus”.

“He took down Hanma-san in one hit!?”.

“There's no way he didn’t cheat!!”.

“RUN! HE'S GONNA KILL US!”.

The Valhalla members quickly scattered and showed a kneeling Kazutora who Mikey approached. “People can betray anyone... let’s end this Mikey. Or will I?”.

Mikey threw the first punch and blood splatter on his face as Kazu went down. “If all you can do is destroy the things I care about... then I’ll destroy you... right here and now".