Chapter 7 My brother disappeared to find someone. Can you believe it?!

TAKEMICHI'S POV

It was another school day as I walked down the street thinking out loud. "Agh. School is so tough. Tough to get up in the morning. 8 am is way too early! Especially for a night owl like me".

"Good morning Takemichi-kun". I turn around as my heart speeds up when I see Hina. "Oh how wonderful of you! Going to school like a good boy! I've got cram school after school is over today".

"Huh.... is that so". "Let's go on a date before I have cram school". "O...okay". A date? With Hina!? .... my life is complete. "Ahhh. I'm so glad I have the same class as you Takemichi-kun".

School is the best. (Who are you trying to fool?)

I was laying my head on the table, keeping a book up so my teacher wouldn't see me.

"This is no time to be having a good time. Yeah". 'Kisaki Tetta and Sano Manjiro. Please stop those two from meeting. If you do that, then you can save my sister'. Naoto... I met with Sano Manjiro.

In order to save Hina, who got caught up in their dispute and got killed, I have to stop the Tokyo Manji gangs dispute. And in order to do that, I have to prevent the two leaders of Toman from meeting in the past. I met one of the leaders, Sano Manjiro by chance.

But I have absolutely no idea what to do after this. Preventing them from meeting is really difficult if you think about it, isn't it? "Oi! You can't just barge into a school however you like!".

"What school are you from!!?". "Hm?". Everyone looked up as the door slid open. "Oh. Here he is", Mikey poked his head through the door with a smile. Let's go play Takemitchy". He grabbed me and led me outside the room, ignoring the teacher.

My jaw dropped as I saw students scattered all around the hall, some of their underwear showing. (I'm pretty sure there was a pair with hearts?).

"They annoyed me so I beat them up". Draken looked at me. "Now get in line. No spaces since this is gonna hurt you more than us". The students lay in a line, trembling at what will happen when Mikey and Draken started to walk on top of them.

The leader of the Tokyo Manji gang is crazy after all. "I heard there's someone influencing the USG at Shinsen". "Its alright, let's go knock 'em out".

Torturing people is an everyday occurrence for these guys. To them it's the same as washing their face. When we were in the hallway the school bell rang just as Draken wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"You feelin okay?". "Well it's so soon after yesterday". "Your free today, aren't you?", Mikey asks me with a smile. "Erm well... not really". "Let's hang out for a little while".

"Huh? Aren't you listening to me?". The students formed a crowd in the hallway, looking at me with the president, and vice president. "Wha?! Hanagaki is buddy buddy with Mikey?". "Idiot your being too loud!".

"We actually had someone that awesome at school?". I see..... so this is my chance. This is my chance to get closer to Mikey and stop him from meeting with Kisaki Tetta. "Hold it right there!".

HINA!? I see her storming towards us with an angry look on her face. "Hah? Who're you?". "I'm sorry Hina... I'm actually busy today so...". *smack!*. My mouth fell open and my eyes bulged as Hina smacked Mikey, the impact making his head turn to the side.

Draken stood to the side with an angry expression. Hina-San what the hell are you doing!? "Takemichi-kun. Let's go!", I look back at the two as Hina grabs my arm and starts dragging me away. "You mustn't do what these people want. I will protect you".

Hina. Her hand is trembling. Even though she's scared she still stood up for me, even though she got the situation wrong. Draken grabbed her hand and said "Oi. I'mma murder you bitch. You just gonna slap someone and say see ya later? Don't make me laugh!".

"What part of this is a joke?". "Hah?". "Coming into their school and forcing someone to go with you. Isn't something a friend would do. Lately Takemichi-kun has been covered in bruises. If that was because of you guys.... then I won't forgive you". I saw how scared Hina was so I grabbed Draken's shoulder.

"Let go of her". "Hah? What did you say? I didn't quite hear ya!". "I said let go of her you dumbass!". 'I will protect you'. I promised to protect Hina this time! "You bastard! Who the fuck you think you're talking to!?", Draken grinned as he leaned down into my face. "I ain't goa give her up a second time!". "Hah? A second time?".

"Ahh. And here I thought you could be my friend. Too bad♡. Well then. How you wanna die?", Mikey asked, turning to me with an emotionless face. "Your making a face like you won't e able to stand on your own again". "Just promise me one thing!". "Hm?". "Promise that you wont lay a hand on Hina!". "Huh? I don't give a damn about her".

Mikey made a fist and sent it towards me. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact..... but it never came. "Just kidding!". I open my eyes to see him grinning and reply with a "Huh?!.....". "Takemitchy you dummy! There's no way I'd lay a hand on a girl". "Takemitchy" Draken leaned on me continuing.

"You were trying to threaten me". "I-I'm sorry". "Its okay. You 'won't give her up'. Nowadays there aren't any men that'll say that about women, are there? It's the Showa era after all". "You were surprised?". "Huh? Takemichi-kun. These people are...".

"I am so sorry! I must have misunderstood something", Hina bowed in front of Mikey as we all stood outside. "Its okay, don't worry about it. It was an amazing slap". "I am so sorry!". "Its fine to do your best for the man you like but don't get too carried away. Things would have been bad if you hit someone that would fight back, you know?".

"Yes! I... will be going then", Hina turned to go back inside but I stopped her. "Eh? But what about our date?". "We can postpone it for now!". "Bye bye. Next time don't hit me!", Mikey waved goodbye as Hina once more bowed in apology. "What a nice girl. It's rare to see someone like that. Be sure to take care of her .

TIMESKIP TO THE CYCLING PART

I learned about the Tokyo Manji gang 12 years in the future from Naoto. They are a heinous gang responsible for gambling, fraud, rape, murder and other such crimes. 'Underground fights are stupid'. 'There's no way I'd lay a hand on a girl". Is this really the boss if the terrible Toman? "Um, why were you pleased with me before?". "That's a stupid question", Mikey answered broadly behind me.

"Sorry". "I have a brother who's older by ten years. But he disappeared a few years ago to find someone. He was a reckless guy. He'd always challenge guys way stronger than him to fights". "Oh. He sounds like a cool person!".

"Takemitchy, you are like him". "Huh?! I ain't that cool no matter how you look at it!". "Hahaha! Well that's true. He wasn't a lame as you Takemitchy". "Your so mean....". We stopped the bikes on a bill as Mikey got off. "This is an era where delinquents are called lame isn't it?". That's right..... after this time delinquents will always be called stuff like that.

"In my brothers generation, there were quite a lot of street gangs in this area. There you'd listen to your intuition and act on it. Everyone acted big and all they would do is fight. But everyone cleaned up their own messes. What was so lame about those guys?", he asked and sat on the grass. "That's why I'm gonna create an era for delinquents. You should accompany me on that journey. I was pleased by you, Hanagaki Takemitchy".

"We have plenty of guys who are good at fighting. But there aren't man guys like you who would stand against anyone if it were for something you couldn't give up. Think about it..... Takemitchy", Draken finished as he and Mikey walked off into the sunset.

I walked down the dark street in thought once again. Mikey may be a delinquent but he's not a bad person. In 2017 Toman rams a truck into a festival and kills Hina.

At the very least, someone who has no connections to them at all. He's definitely not the same as the boss of that organisation. I wonder if something changes Mikey? I walk by a group of three as I remember the pictures. Sano Manjiro and Kisaki Tetta.

'If those two had never met, then the current Tokyo Manji gang wouldn't exist'.

I stop with a "Huh?!", and look at a person I passed. "Hm. I feel like I saw that guy somewhere before".