Chapter 40 Regrets

3RD PERSONS POV

"I'm thinking of returning to the future". *hup!*. "Huh? Why? Hakkai still joined the Black Dragons. So you haven't achieved anything yet". "To protect Yuzuha-chan from Taiju's violence. Hakkai will kill Taiju". "Yeah. That's what we've guessed", Chifuyu stated as him and Takemichi paused, to discuss the situation at hand.

"But since Mitsuya-kun freed Yuzuha-chan from Taiju Hakkai no longer has a reason to kill him. Shouldn't that change the future?". "Yeah, maybe". "Right!?". "But what if nothing's changed? And you forget that Taiju still has Xeno as his prisoner, that might make Hakkai still kill Taiju so he can return him to Toman".

"Then I'll come back here..", Takemichi trailed off as he realised Chifuyu was right. Xeno was still in the hands of The Black Dragons, that could change the future drastically due to the power he has.

"How're you supposed to shake Naoto's hand if you're in jail?". "Ah!". "If you go to the future now, you might not be able to come back. It's way too risky! Besides, Mitsuya-kun's the one who freed Yuzuha-chan. Not you". Although the words seemed harsh, it was the truth. Takemichi barely did anything this time, so there's no way the future would've changed.

"If you haven't changed anything... then the future won't change either, will it?". "...Good point...". Chifuyu said something smart for once. "You're such a dumbass Takemitchy! Are you really 26 years old inside?", Chifuyu sighed in exasperation as Takemichi himself looked ashamed of himself. "I'm so ashamed. Would've been the end if I'd gone back to the future".

"Takemitchy!". "Hm?". The two looked at who approached them, thinking it was an enemy only to realise it was Hakkai. "I finally found you".

The two found themselves at a playground with Hakkai, as they sat in silence beneath the stars. "Can you guys tell Taka-chan... that I said thanks?". "Huh? Uh... sure. But why?", wondered the piss haired teen as the two glanced at Hakkai in confusion. "My home life is complicated", he began.

"We don't have a mom in our family, and since we were little our dad's hardly ever been at home. So, the one in charge... is Taiju, the oldest sibling. He's been a king since he was a kid. Though he was bigger and just plain stronger than the other kids... more than anything, he's great at capturing people's hearts.

All of Taiju's followers love him.

Taiju's an expert at using violence. He doesn't pull any punches. If he beats someone, he does it thoroughly. Even to his own siblings. I... thought that love was supposed to be painful. Because that's how I was raised. That was normal for me...

Taka-chan turned my entire world upside down", he gave a grin to the stars.

"It was a real shock. Even though he could've been playing, he had to look after those two little kids. His home life looked really hard. But he smiled about it. When I ate the food Taka-chan made... I don't really know why, but it made me cry like a baby.

"I was like, 'this miso soup is so salty'. He told me something", the grin fell off his face making him look grim. "Use violence to protect. Back then I swore... to protect my family. Since then. I've been taking Yuzuha's beatings for her. I protected her this whole time. But he... broke his promise. He hit her, just like always".

"That dirty bastard!". "What an asshole!". "You see? He thinks nothing of the agreement he made... with Taka-chan. He'll never... let Yuzuha go free!". "That's awful... then... how can we help Yuzuha-chan?".

Hakkai clasped his hands together with a small sigh as the two looked at him. "I'm embarrassed to admit it... but even now, just standing before Taiju makes me shake. I can't do a damn thing".

"Hakkai". He looks like he's given up thought Takemichi. "If Taiju wasn't around... that's why I decided", he stood up. "Huh?". "That's why I quit Toman. I didn't want to give Toman a bad name. To protect my family, I'm going... to use violence. I'm going... to kill Taiju.

"So don't worry about me anymore", he smiled after just pulling up a bloodthirsty look. "WHAT?!!". Chifuyu remained silent as deep inside he knew this was gonna be the result. "I'm going to kill Taiju. I'm prepared to get arrested too. So don't worry... about me anymore!".

"Why are you telling me this?", whispered Takemichi as Hakkai started to walk away from them. "Putting my determination into words... I guess". "If I don't... then I'll get too scared", grinned the bluenette as he looked at them for a second. "We didn't know each other for long... but it was fun, Takemitchy".

They were silent as Hakkai disappeared into the dark. "Chifuyu. This really pisses me off somehow". "Huh?". "He's so cornered... by his brother, that he thinks he has to kill him, you know?". "!"

"We can't let Taiju Shiba get away with this!!". "Takemitchy", awed Chifuyu as he saw the fire in his eyes. "This is what's gonna happen Chifuyu. We're gonna crush the Black Dragons!".

"You're an idiot, you know that?", huffed the second in command before smiling. "Isn't it better to think of a way... to stop Hakkai from killing Taiju? Quit makin that face!! I get it, jeez! If we can beat The Black Dragons, the future will change for sure!". "Yeah!". "Count me in!". "Aw right!".

"I spoke with Taiju today". "... I know", whispered Yuzuha as she held her arm while looking at Mitsuya. "...Taiju has connections with wealthy people. When they have trouble, The Black Dragons lend their military power and get tons of cash as a reward. I was the one responsible for collecting that money. Today, I was freed... from that role. Thanks to you. Mitsuya".

"What's with the attitude?!", he grinned as Mikey ate his dorayaki while looking at them. "After Hakkai tried his best for...". "Tried his best?! You convinced him to do it, didn't you?! Hakkai why did you?..".

"Don't be stupid. Hakkai's a lot stronger than you think". "Thanks, Mitsuya. But...", she turns around. "That expectation... has caused a lot of pain before".