A Blessed Morning

----------------------------------------------------------HIS FORBIDDEN OBSESSION -----------------------------------------------------------

Taking slow and quivering strides, Seraphina stepped out of the room. A chill ran down her spine when she noticed her entire surrounding was utterly silent and the lights were even dimmed too. Nothing could be heard except the loud roaring of clouds and the sound of heavy rainfall coming from outside.

Her head was aching really badly which made her rub her temples. She remembered he had told her to visit him in the next room besides the one she was staying in but she didn't want to disturb him in the middle of the night, probably he must be sleeping, she thought.

But her headache was getting worse. Her fever had also increased. Seraphina didn't know what to do at that moment. She was missing her brother badly. She just wanted to see him, hug him because her brother was capable of identifying her pain before her mouth could even dare to tell him but she knew he was helpless. He could not come to her . The weather had not turned light, instead it had turned more dark and dangerous and she herself didn't want him to go out in that weather.

His safety was her priority but she couldn't help the pain which was banging against the walls of her head. Seraphina clutched her head. Tears crept in her eyes in pain but she decided to get back inside the room again as she had no other option than just to endure it.

She turned around and had hardly taken a step towards the room when she heard that low raspy voice.

"Why haven't you slept yet? "

Her feet halted when she felt his presence getting closer to her.

"What are you doing here? " His voice made Seraphina slowly turn around and once again her glistening eyes met with those cold silver orbs.

Her surroundings were dark whereas her vision was blurry because of her tears, so Seraphina didn't notice that light redness engulfed in his eyes .

"What happened? " His voice was colder and deeper than usual and then he noticed she was clutching her head.

Her cheeks were flushed. Her eyes were glossy.

"Are you having a headache? " He questioned.

Seraphina downcast her eyes and slowly nodded. He stepped a little closer to her and then placed his palm over her forehead.

Her body was burning with fever which made him sigh. Without saying anything, he held her palm in his and took her back to the room.

"Lay down, " He instructed her to lay on the bed.

Seraphina gazed at him, confused but eventually ended up following him because her head was banging in pain.

He opened the bed's drawer and then took out a box. He looked for something which would reduce her headache but nothing caught his attention which would help her , so he ended up taking a headache relief ointment.

He sat beside her and saw her laying there with her eyes shut. A frown was crept in between her brows as her face was twisted in pain.

He took some ointment in his fingertips and started rubbing it on her forehead and then temples. Her skin was blazing yet it was feeling too soft and delicate to him.

He massaged her forehead and travelled his fingers towards her dark brown hair. He slowly started moving his fingers in between her silky strands. Even her hair felt tender just like her.

He massaged her head whereas Seraphina's face had worn an expression of peace and relief. The warmness of that rough palm was too amiable and gentle on her. It was like even his warmth was afraid of hurting her, let alone his roughness to taint her but only if she knew at that time