A Forbidden Beginning

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"Seraphina! "

That voice made Seraphina's eyes widened. She snapped her head and heard those heavy footsteps getting closer, which was coming from the hall room.

Panic washed over her. She turned her head around again , only to find those grey eyes staring at her completely unbothered even after knowing what was about to happen.

Seraphina slightly pushed him away from her and maintained a rational distance between them and hurriedly wiped her eyes. She glanced at him one last time and then turned around and dashed out of the dining room and those grey eyes just stared at her whereas his knuckles turned white because of his aggressive clenching of his palms.

"Seraphina, are you alright, my angel? " Do you have a fever anymore? Are you hurt anywhere?  " Nathan attacked her with his questions but Seraphina, who was hugging him tightly, said nothing in return.

She just embraced him as firmly as she could and now she finally felt like home but this time her restlessness didn't decrease even by finding herself in her brother's arms because the storm of emotions which was emerging inside her was beyond her control.

Nathan pecked her head and hugged her back. He was patting her head for calming her down when he saw that person coming from his dining hall room.

"Mr Grayson, "

Seraphina's grip tightened around Nathan hearing that name. Even by finding herself completely covered in her brother's embrace, she was feeling too exposed just by hearing that name.

Nathan slightly broke their hug and caressed her cheek and smiled.

"You don't even have an idea how grateful I am for finding you here safe and sound, Sephi. The last 24 hours were unbearable and terrifying for me , " He told her and then looked at him.

"But I am thankful to Mr Grayson who didn't care about himself but for you and your safety yesterday, by going out and searching for you in that weather, "

Seraphina didn't utter a single word and neither turned around to look at him. Nathan walked towards him and then clutched his palm in his both hands.

"Thank you so much, Mr Grayson. Thank you so much. You helped me at that time when I was vulnerable and helpless. You took care of my life, my sister. Thank you so very much, Mr Grayson. I will forever be grateful to you for this "

The extreme amount of gratefulness was present inside Nathan's eyes for him which made him nod slightly and answer.

"It's fine, Mr Miller. I have already received more than I had given, "

Seraphina's body froze hearing his husky voice and words and now she could clearly feel his cavernous gaze on her back.

"Your sister has already served me with enough for my help , "

Tears gathered into her eyes hearing his words but she neither turned around, nor replied.

Nathan wasn't able to understand the real meaning of his words, especially when those grey eyes were perfectly capable of masking its real emotions in front of the whole world.

"So I think my work is really done here. I should leave now. See you at work, Mr Miller, " He uttered sternly

"Thank you once again, Mr Grayson, "

He just curtly nodded his head hearing Nathan and walked towards the direction his destination was standing.

He took his feet towards the door but stopped beside her  . He tossed his head and saw her looking down, but he could clearly see the tears rolling down her cheeks silently.