Chapter 24

I woke up with my face on Jack's chest. I took a moment to lay there and enjoy the warmth of his skin and the rhythmic rise and fall of his chest. 

I took a deep breath and sat up, trying not to disturb him. I stretched briefly and my movements woke him up. He slowly blinked his eyes open and immediately wrapped his arms around my waist. 

I smiled and he pulled me down to him until my chest was against his. 

"Sorry for waking you up," I smiled. 

"I'll never be mad if I'm waking up next to you, Love," he replied softly. 

I grinned and he pulled my face to him, kissing me softly. 

"Jack?" I whispered, looking into his eyes.

"Yeah, Love?" he whispered back. 

I leaned forward and put my lips next to his ear. 

"I want food," I whispered. 

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me as he scooched himself to the edge of the bed. He stood up and carried me downstairs. 

We were both just wearing our underwear and I liked the skin-to-skin contact.

He set me down when we were in the kitchen and kissed the top of my head before heading to the kitchen to make breakfast. I sat on one of the stools and watched him. 

His phone started ringing and I could tell from the sound that it was FaceTime. He answered and propped his phone up against a bowl. 

"Oi mate, wassup??" I heard a guy ask in an Australian accent. 

"How many times do I gotta tell ya, I'm fuckin' British," Jack yelled with a small smile. 

"Ahhh Jack, you know I love fucking with you," the guy answered normally. 

"I dunno why I let you," Jack answered. 

I watched curiously, not wanting to say anything because I was interested in this dynamic. 

"Sooooo what are you doing?" the guy asked. 

His voice came off overly confident. Cocky, even. I could tell he was sassy. There was an odd roughness to his voice that I didn't hear often. 

"Makin' breakfast, what about you, fucker?" Jack replied. 

I raised my eyebrows and continued watching. Jack glanced up at me and gave me a smile. 

"Not shit. Who ya smilin' at?" he asked. I froze and looked at Jack, who stared at me. 

"Ooooh. It's a girl," the guy taunted. 

I scrambled to my feet and grabbed a blanket from the couch, wrapping myself in it. I walked back over to Jack and waited. He reached his hand out and pulled me to him. 

I glanced at the phone screen and saw a strange-looking guy. He had black hair and really pale skin. The area around his eyes was all black and he had a bloody smile carved into his skin. I stared at him, not sure what to think. 

He leaned forward to the camera and smiled. 

"Am I scaring you, darling?" he taunted. 

"No," I spat back as I narrowed my eyes. 

He leaned back and chuckled a little. 

"Good, you got a feisty one, Jackaboy," he said. 

"Shut up," Jack replied. 

"You have a lot of strange friends, Jack," I said as I looked up at Jack. 

"I know," he replied with a chuckle.