Chapter 27

I attached this video because I LOVE this song soooo much and the artwork for it really goes with this story and I just love everything about it. SO enjoy this image in your mind as you read and enjoy the song my loves <3

Jack and I stood outside a large mansion, bigger than Jack's. It was settled in the middle of the woods, which made me feel slightly uncomfortable. The bags on my shoulders started to feel heavy and I regretted packing as much as I did. The handles were digging into my bare shoulder and I wished I hadn't been wearing a tank top. Jack grabbed my hand and gave me a small smile before knocking on the door. 

After a few moments, the door opened and I felt my heart skip a beat out of nerves. Jeff stood there, smiling, and he looked even more disturbing in person. I could tell just by looking at him that he was dangerous. 

"Jack!" Jeff exclaimed. 

Jack threw his arms around Jeff and Jeff tried to wriggle out of it. 

"Ugh, stop, you know I hate that," Jeff exclaimed. 

"I know, mate," Jack replied as he let him go. 

Jeff's eyes floated over to me and he locked his gaze onto mine. 

"My, my, aren't you something?" he asked with a smile. 

I shifted uncomfortably and wasn't sure what to say, so I stayed silent. 

"Well, don't just stand there," Jeff finally said as he opened the door a bit more. 

Jack and I walked in and I was immediately hit with the sound of loud chatter. I couldn't see where it was coming from with the limited view of the foyer, but it sounded like there were multiple people. I took a moment to take in the sights of the mansion. It seemed like it had been built many years ago, but it looked well taken care of. 

Jack started walking up the stairs in front of us, so I followed him. I turned to look behind me and saw Jeff walking away, seemingly toward the chattering boys. I turned back in front of me and followed Jack down a hallway. He opened a door on the left and we came into a bedroom painted with grey walls. There was a queen-sized bed in the center of the room and the rest was pretty plain. 

"This used to be my room when I lived here," Jack told me. 

"You lived here?" 

"I sure did. Shortly after the accident."

We set our bags down and I looked around the room. I had never been in a bedroom that large before and I tried to imagine everything you could do with the space. Jack's hands touched my arms and I jumped, snapping my head toward him. 

"You alright, Love? You seem tense," he soothed. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just nervous, I guess," I sighed. 

"Don't be." 

He leaned forward and planted a kiss on my forehead and I felt my lips curl up into a smile. 

"Come on," he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bedroom. 

He guided me downstairs and toward the voices. I felt really nervous, as I had no idea what to expect. Based on my previous run-ins with Jack's friends, I figured they'd all be a bit odd. We ended up in a living room and I saw Jeff sitting on the floor with four other people. 

When they saw us come in, they all started greeting Jack in horrible British accents. I chuckled a little and looked at them all. 

The first was a blond boy with pointed ears. He was wearing a green hood and his eyes were a mixture of black and red with what appeared to be blood running from his eyes down his face.