Chapter 3

"Bye baby." I kissed Caden on the cheek as he went out the door.

I was making myself a bowl of cereal in my pajama shorts, which were indeed quite short. I had on a tank top and my hair was in a messy bun. I was pouring the kernels into the bowl, listening to the high-pitched clinking as they hit the ceramic. I thought about how easy life would be if I were just cereal. Aside from the whole 'getting eaten and digested' thing, their life was pretty chill.

"Boo," a British voice said behind me.

I screamed loudly and dropped cereal everywhere.

"HOLY HELL!!! What the fuck?!? Why are you here?" I yelled, turning to face him.

"Well, hello to you too."

I rolled my eyes and started cleaning up the cereal from the floor.

"Nice shorts, Love. Quite cheeky," he said, chuckling a bit.

"Don't look!" I yelled, flustered. He chuckled to himself, and I abandoned the cereal, running downstairs. I put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt in an attempt to cover myself completely.

I returned upstairs and he had already cleaned all the cereal.

"Thanks, I guess," I said.

He nodded and watched me curiously as I poured myself a new bowl of cereal. I covered it in milk and grabbed a spoonful.

"So, guess who's your new neighbor," he said casually right as I put the spoon in my mouth. I spit milk and cereal all over my counter, and he was beside himself with laughter.

"You're supposed to keep it in your mouth, darling," he told me.

I glared at him as I cleaned up my cereal mess for the second time.

"Fuck the cereal. Why are you my neighbor?" I asked as I put the cereal away once it was cleaned. Again.

"I told you, I know people everywhere."

"You just happen to know someone next door to me?"

"Well it's not exactly next door, but it's in the neighborhood."

"That is just fucking wonderful," I said sarcastically.

"Aw come on now, don't sound too excited."

I shook my head and sat on my counter, feeling utterly defeated.

"Where's Doctor Douche?" he asked, looking around my home briefly.

"He ran to the store."

"He's never with you. I'm starting to think he doesn't actually exist. You know it's quite sad to have pictures of him around your house if he's not real" (@literally all of the fangirls of anything ever xD).

"He IS real, dickwad. And you'll never be around when he's here. You shouldn't even be here as it is."

"What's he going to do? Doctor me to death?" His comment brought a small smile to my face, and I wasn't happy with myself.

"Oh look. Your smile machine works." His voice came out softer, as opposed to his normal joking behavior.

I shook my head and laughed softly.

"Now you're understanding how friendship works."

"Well, you need to leave. I don't know when Caden will be back and I don't want you here when he arrives."

"Yeah, of course."

I closed my eyes and sighed momentarily.

"Alright, listen. I'm giving you my address. If you don't want me here, then come visit during one of the many times your 'boyfriend' is gone." He wrote something down on a nearby piece of paper and handed it to me. I took it cautiously and glanced at it, then at him.

"Why are you acting like this is all normal?" I asked. He didn't seem to understand the fact that it was strange.

"Well, I did come halfway across the world for you. Might as well make something out of it, right?"

"No no. That is completely on you. It's not my fault you can't recognize people correctly."

"Regardless, we're here now. And I'm doing you a favor by being your friend."

"Oh, are you now?"

"Like I've said, you don't appear to have any. And your 'boyfriend' is starting to seem suspicious." I rolled my eyes and smiled a little.

"Fine. We can attempt to be friends. But you're not forgiven for stalking me."

"Fair enough."

"Okay, now leave."

"See you later, Love."

Once he closed the door, I looked at his address again. I folded it and sighed. I carried it downstairs and put in the drawer of my nightstand.

I stepped onto my back patio. I needed a minute to breathe. A dog frolicked through a stack of leaves that had already fallen, then began spinning in circles. After a few seconds, the dog plopped down on the leaves and decided to take a nap. It looked extremely peaceful.

* * * *

I heard the front door open when Caden returned and I went up to greet him. He had brought me the few things I asked him too, plus a few snacks.

"Can we go see a movie?" he asked me randomly. He knew the answer, but tried anyway.

"No," I replied shortly.

"Why? I don't understand why you hate movie theaters."

"I just do." I was angry with him for bringing it up, but I realized it was unfair to him.

"I'm sorry, babe. We can do something else," I offered.

He nodded forgivingly and kissed my forehead. I pulled myself away from him and went back downstairs to get dressed. 

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah :) Here's a much needed update