Chapter 30

When I arrived back in the living room, everyone was gathered around multiple pizza boxes, gathering slices on their plates. Clockwork smiled at me and handed me a plate, and I grabbed a few slices. Everyone sat in various places around the living room. I started to join them, but I saw Jack coming from the direction of Slender's office, so I walked up to him.

"Hey, how'd the chat go?" I asked.

He looked at me briefly before turning his head to the side.

"Ah... I don't really wanna talk about it right now," he answered.

"Oh, yeah, that's fine," I replied.

He nodded and went passed me to grab some pizza. I scrunched my lips together briefly, finding the interaction a bit weird. I went back into the living room and took a seat on the couch. When Jack got his pizza, he sat next to me but didn't say anything. Everyone was chatting casually as they ate.

"Don't you guys have a dining room in this huge house?" I asked.

"Yeah, but it's too formal for just a pizza night," Ben answered.

"Fair enough," I replied.

I vaguely listened to the chatter in the room, but was a bit too distracted by Jack's behavior to really comprehend what people were saying or join in on the conversations. I apparently wasn't the only one who noticed his behavior.

"Jack, you seem quiet. You see a ghost or something?" Masky asked.

Jack didn't answer as he shoved the last bite of his pizza into his mouth.

"I'm going upstairs," he answered shortly.

He stood up to leave, and I furrowed my eyebrows together. Everyone in the house shared some awkward glances. I stood up as well and followed Jack with my plate in my hand. I caught up to him in the hallway and grabbed his arm gently. He turned around to face me.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked gently.

He took a deep breath and sighed before answering me.

"I dunno. I just need to be alone for a little bit, alright?" he answered as kindly as he could.

I looked at him, confused, wondering if something was really wrong.

"You didn't do anything, Love, okay? We can talk a little later, I just need a bit to myself," he added.

"Okay. Yeah," I nodded, trying to not seem bothered.

He kissed the top of my head before heading upstairs quickly. I stood there for a moment, processing what had just happened, before heading back into the living room. I took a seat on the couch again, and everyone looked at me expectantly.

"Did he say anything?" Clockwork questioned curiously.

"Not really. I have no idea what happened," I admitted.

"Huh. Well, I'm sure he'll be fine," Hoodie tried to reassure me.

I nodded and worked on eating the rest of my pizza but honestly didn't have much of an appetite anymore. I managed to force another half a slice down before I couldn't do it anymore. I still had a slice and a half and didn't want to just throw it away.

"Does anyone want to finish this?" I asked.

LJ immediately reached his arm out, and I stood up to bring it to him.

"Sorry, one's half eaten," I apologized.

He waved his hand at me and took the plate from me.

"Pizza's pizza," he answered before digging in.