Chapter 8

It had been about two more weeks. Jack and I hung out pretty regularly, mostly at his house. He made me avoid Jason and Helen, but I wasn't sure why. What Jack said about Caden was in the back of my mind. I knew he wouldn't cheat on me, but I was watching him closely just to make sure it wasn't true. My thumbprint was saved in his phone, but I trusted him, so I never went through it.

"I'm going to take a shower, then we can head out, okay?" he asked. We were going to go hang out downtown.

"No problem."

"Unless you wanna join me." He grabbed me from behind and whispered sensually in my ear. I giggled, but didn't feel like getting wet, in more ways than one.

"Not this time."

He nodded, and went into the bathroom. I sat on the couch, watching vines on the TV. I heard his phone ringing, so I went to go find it. I tried to follow the sound, but was struggling to locate it. I finally found it on top of the microwave. The caller's name was Hope and my curiosity was peaked. I answered the phone and waited for her to speak, which didn't take long.

"Hey. I know you told me not to call you during the day, but I couldn't help it. I'm horny and I want you to come over," she said in a seductive voice.

"Who the fuck is this?" I replied angrily.

"Um.. who's this?"

"Caden's girlfriend of three years. What the fuck are you doing calling him?"

"Oh. He told me you were broken up."

"What? When did he say that?"

"I think you were in another country for a bit. Like a month? We met in class and he told me he had just broken up with his girlfriend.... is that not true?"

"No, it's not. We are still very much together. Or, we were."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I'm not that kind of girl. I wouldn't have done anything if I'd known he was taken." I wasn't sure if she was being honest or not, but I didn't really care.

"Yeah, well I need to talk to him. Thanks for calling." I hung up on her and tossed his phone, breaking it in the process. He was just getting out of the shower and I glared at him.

"How could you?" I asked.

"How.. what?" he asked, confused.

"Hope called." He froze and got very uncomfortable.

"I can explain-"

"How long has this been going on?"

"Since you left for England. I'm sorry. It just happened."

"How many times?"

"Almost every night."

I closed my eyes, knowing it was worse than I thought.

"I'm sorry, baby. I was just lonely and I missed you. It didn't mean anything."

"Really? For almost two months it meant nothing?"

He didn't say anything.

"You told her we were broken up. What the fuck is wrong with you? I trusted you!" I started crying.

"Please don't cry, babe. We can fix this."

"I don't want to fix it. I don't want to be with someone that's going to cheat on me. I don't trust you anymore!" I yelled.

He looked down, not able to look at me.

"Did you even love me?" I asked.

"Of course, Y/N. I still love you. So much. I'm sorry, I fucked up." He was crying a bit.