Ch19

Winterbloom's Estate

Knock knock*

"Coming," said the man's voice

"Good evening, Duke" a man in a butler suit comes in "Duchess order me to inform you that Dinner is ready"

"Hm..." he hums in response "tell her I will be there soon"

"...yes but she instructs me to come and get you"

"Ah" duke paused, "if she said that, then I will do so," he said and get up from his seat.

  As they walk, he looks out the window, seeing snow piling everywhere, he stares at it for a very long time until "Father?" a boy's voice brings him back

"Aldian," he said, seeing the resemblance "let's go, your Mother is waiting"

"Yes, father" he smiles,

  the duke peeks to see Aldian walking the same length as him 'y/n never did that...'

"Father," said Aldian

"What wrong?"

"When will sis be back?"

"..."

"But you know, I have a clue where she might be" he beams,

"..."

"Knowing her, probably somewhere that hard to go to, like Inazuma. I heard the news that they close all contact with others and-"

"That should be enough Aldian," said the duke

"But-"

"NO BUT...sigh*" he look stressed, "stop talking about her"

"What? Why? She my sister, and your daughter-"

"THAT IS NO DAUGHTER OF MINE!" he shouted, "SHE left this place! The place I build to PROTECT You two! But she CHOSE to go on her own!"

"Then why is she in the Wrong in seeing the WORLD! You keep us safe? Don't make me laugh, you keep us here like a little decoration!"

SLAP*

  Aldian paused, he looks at the Duke...his father, raising his hand at him "ha..." he scoffed, "Now I see why sis left this place"

"Aldian!"

"If I were her I would runaway too!" Aldian yelled and run back to his room.

  The duke stands there, looking at his hand asking what he had done.

"Duke..." said the butler, "Duchess is waiting..." he open the door.

"Right..." the Duke seems skeptical but he went into the dining room.

  When he goes in and sees Duchess reading a book, she smiles when she sees him.

  He walked toward her and lean his head on her shoulder "what did you do this time?" she asked

"I..." he paused, "I hit Aldian"

"You WHAT?!" she yelp, "I know that you've been stressing out, this is too much!"

"I'm sorry..." he said

"Sigh* you shouldn't say sorry to me...you should tell them that you are sorry" she softly pads his head.

"Mhm..." he hums in response

  Duchess can only sigh* as her family takes a different turn.

  One is sickly and the other runs away, and her husband is stressed over his work every day 'I need to take them on a vacation someday'

---------

Aldian's room

  The door slam as it's close.

"Ha..." he lay on his bed, touching his cheek "it's hurt..."

  He gets up and walks toward the window, seeing the sun out but the weather is still the "same old same old..."

Flashback

  Two small kids sitting at the greenhouse, a girl reading a book while another eating his warm soup.

"Sis! What are you reading?" asked the little boy to her

"This?" the little girl looks up with her poker face, "just something the Duke gives"

"Duke? You mean Father?"

"Yeh, him" she rolls her eyes.

  The little boy put a spoonful of soup in his mouth, "why are you calling father, Duke?" he asks

"...nothing you should worry about," said she continued to read her book

"..." he tilts his head, "why don't you smile a bit? Mother said it is the best healing spell" he uses his small finger to push his lip up to smile.

"..." she looks at him, tired

"Come on!!" he cheered.

  She closes her book and gets up, signaling a servant to come forward, they put a cloak on her "in this trap place, there is nothing to smile about" she said and leave.

Flashback End

"Sis...I think I know what you mean now..." he said as he tap the window with his palm.

  He turn to his desk with an envelope on it but was never open...but feel like someone been holding it all the time. He pick it up "sigh*" and finally read it,

    To my twin brother Aldian

  I guess when you read this I must have leave the estate now, I might miss some people but if you ask me I feel kinda excited.

"Sis..." he clutch the paper as he continues to read.

  It kinda funny to see how all of you want to stop me from running away, even tighten the security, but I think all of you underestimate me too much.

  Anyway we don't want to talk about of our guards failure, instead I want to tell you in this letter. Communication can be hard to express myself from time to time and I am writing everything in this here to show you how I really feel. well, all I'm good at is to be the body double for you.

"No you never been like that..."

But I love taking care of you Aldian, when I heard you got better I was really happy but I can't show any expression or that would have been my weakness.

I have clear all the obstacles path that is hard to walk. Your only rode now is to go to wherever you desire, no one will try to take advantage of you.

"...That what you been doing?" He can feel his tear coming out a little.

Someone once told me that the future Never been Guarantee like we always wanted, I learn from that.

  His eyes widened as he read this part.

If you want to see the world like me, I think you figure out where I might be. If that days come, in my room where the sun shine on the most.

My only regret when I runaway is not taking you with me Aldian. Just so you know, I'm not leaving forever...just a see you later, when I feel like coming that is.

Grow strong Aldian

From your twin Sister Y/n Winterbloom.

P.s. I am the older twin

"Haha" he laugh, "I am the older one sis" he look at the part where his sister said she was excited and the part where she want him to go too.

"Outside..." he look at the window, Snow goes colder on the family estates, the places that never melt for generations because of the people who managed them.

To be Continue...

This chapter is kind of boring 😩 ill uploaded another one 🥰 good luck in school everyone or work 🫡❤️