Ch26

"Mr. Kamisato, we know that you hid that boy! You can't disobey her majesty Almighty shogun!" said the old man and some agree with him.

"Oh my, I didn't know what was happening as I was here," Said Ayato

They all look hesitate, and one of them speaks up "we heard that you took in the running fugitive"

"Oh? May I ask where did that come from?" Ayato smile.

"Running fugitive? Is it the Keadehera clan?" said one of them.

"You know, taking in a fugitive is considered treason! What are you gonna go now"

"That-" Ayato was cut off by a knock on the door.

  A girl in (h/c) come in "He did not hind any fugitive, I was staying in his residence for a while" she said, her (e/c) looks at each of them, studying them bit by bit.

"Who is that?! We can't let outsiders in!" said the old man.

"Ah, sorry for the late greeting," she said, her poker face trying to smile, she soften her knee a bit "My name is Y/n Winterbloom, Eldest daughter of the Duke of Winterbloom. A pleasure to meet all of you"

  After, everyone seems to be in shock and starts whispering about how and why is the Winterbloom here.

  She go and sit down next to Ayato "you're late" he said

"I am not late, the meeting starts before I got here"

"May I ask why is a Winterbloom here?" asked the old man.

"I am here because Mr. Kamisato invite me here since I am an heir to the Winterbloom I want to take this chance to get more experienced" she replies.

  They all look reluctant to speak up, so she continues "and also some suspicious activity that I find here that involves with the Winterbloom"

"Oh dear, that must be hard for you Ms. Winterbloom," said Ayato

"No, not really. It is my duty as the next heir to take care of a minor problem" she glances up at them, shivering going down their spine. She continued "before I got here, I was insulted by your solider, not only that I was pushed around by them"

  They all look shocked, and turn to each other "when?" one of them asks

"Didn't you hear me?" she tilt her head "it was before I get here" she sigh*

"We're sorry! We will take care of that!" one of the said.

"Hold on!" said the old man, "it might be true that they have insulted you, but no one knows that you were here lady y/n"

"That is true..." she thought, everyone look like they ease up a bit "but," she said "insulting me is insulting the Winterbloom, I can't do that" she smiled "it a dishonor to my family"

"But-"

"Even if I was not a Winterbloom, having your own soldier push around a civilian, is that how you Inazuma educate your people?" she said.

"Er..." they all seem to be sweating, can't do anything to this girl... for some reason they all are helpless.

Over the meeting, they never bring out any fugitive or Kamisato's name again. They just discuss normal trivial.

-------

"That should include the meeting for today," you said, putting a pen down. Somehow you end up leading the meeting to the end.

  Everyone seem exhausted, and as they wiggle their way out only the old man, Ayato, and you were left.

"Is something the matter?" you ask the old man.

"Hmph, you become cocky just because of your father's influence," he said

Ayato quietly observed you, he want to see how will you get out of the conversation.

"The Duke's influence?" you scoff, "the Duke may have the final say in the Winterbloom but I am the one that holds the power as his heir,"

"You!"

"So don't forget, I am the Winterbloom itself" you smile.

"Tch! You, you just a replacement! What power that you have!" the old man said, and look at Ayato who stare dagger at him. You hold him down.

"Hehe" you giggle, "is that how you see it?" you tilt your head, waiting for the old man to reply.

"You! Just you wait y/n Winterbloom!" he leaves.

  Ayato turn to you "I'm impressed that you made him leave that fast" he said "and the meeting is easier than any other meeting" he chuckle.

"You're welcome," you said, "but it was nothing"

"Oh really?" he snicker and get up, "let's go back to the residence," he said

"No" you shake your head, "I have somewhere to go after this," you said "I don't think I will be returning"

"Hm? So are you leaving?" he ask, his expression changing a bit.

"Mhm" you smile, "I'm going to find someone before my family comes and gets me"

"Your family?" he asks

"Yes, I know the moment you send the letter of breaking off our engagement, they will also know that I'm here" you sigh* "therefore, I will be leaving"

"Oh..." he pause for a bit, "So where will you be going? To find someone"

"...I think with the resistance group," you said "I have a feeling he might be there" you smile.

"Then I will send someone to take you-"

"It's alright, I just need a map"

"I can prepare  that for you," he said, "I will fetch someone to get your belonging and a map for you"

"Thank you, Ayato" you smile.

Ayato paused, he holds a lock of your hair "Until we meet again y/n, I wish you all the best" he kiss your hair.

"...Ayato" you look at him who just gives a smile, so you smile back at him "yes until we meet again"

You two leave the meeting room, going outside to meet with a commotion on the street.

  Ayato leaves first since this doesn't concern him much. The commotion doesn't concern you too but you were curious, so you try to peek to see a boy with (h/c), his bright personality brings all the ladies to him.

He stops and turns to meet you "y/n?" he sees the same (e/c).

"Aldian?" your eyes wide.

To be continued...