Ch25

"THOMA!"

"I...will be fine, lady y/n" he said as the guard held him down.

You can't get close to him as the guard block you, you feel...weird, 'why can't I do anything!'

  What is going on? All you two do is look around the place and eat something along, and suddenly guards come and try to arrest him.

you trying to push away the spear, "Unguard me!" you shouted at the two guards.

"No, please stay down!" they push you back

"You dare tell me what to do?" you give them a cold glance, and they shiver from the cold.

"Due to the command of the all mighty shogun, all orders are absolute!" one of them said, holding the spear in your face.

"And now this time is your god's name?" you found this unbelievable

"W-we are just following order!" they said

"Tch!" you look at the guards taking Thoma away "dame it! What did he do?!" you turn to the guard,

The two guards seem to stop you since they took Thoma away "we will be holding a 100 vision that had taken, please come and get your friend after"

"Hah?!" you found this very, very, "this is stupid! Why are you taking his vision?!" They didn't say anything and were ready to leave,

"You!-" you are ready to throw a hand with them, it gonna be treason, Nah you don't think so, it's not even your country.

A soft hand stops you from behind.

"Y/n" said the girl's voice, you turn to see her blue eyes and her sliver hair. Her worried expression tells you everything "let go to our tea house, we can talk there"

"..." you feel like a hopeless bird that can't fly even though you have wings that can take you anywhere "Ayaka...even you can't do anything" you feel...down.

Ayaka can only try to smile as many people are all watching her.

-------

  On the way to the tea house, you see a familiar figure, with golden hair and golden eyes, next to her is a flying companion with white hair.

"Lumine? Paimon?" you tilt your head, Ayaka grabs your hand and runs toward them.

"Traveler!" she said, "I'm glad you're here!"

"Oh, Ayaka! And y/n too! Fancy seeing you two here!" said Paimon.

Lumine looks at your face and you turn away, "what wrong?" she asks confused

Ayaka look around, "follow us, we can't talk here," she said and make her way to the tea house still holding your hand, Lumine and Paimon follow along.

-------

  After you all make it to the tea house, you sit down somewhere while Ayaka explains things to the two.

"What!" Paimon shouted, "we got to do something Lumine!"

  She nod "yes, let go and take a look at the situation first" she turn to you who quietly listen, "Don't worry y/n, we are sure to get him out" she said

  You try to smile "alright, we will see you here again" you try to encourage them.

  The two leave, leaving you and Ayaka alone. She come and sit next to you "you know, yesterday me, Thoma and the traveler have a hot pot game" she said.

"..." you just listen, while she continued "it was an interesting game and I had a really good time" she giggled, "Do you know what we do after?"

  You turn to her, trying to seem like you listen 

"We talk about you," she said

  Your focus turns to her, "we talk about what you did on the ship, why you and Ayato seem to hate each other, and how brave you were" she smiled

"...brave?" you scoff, "I can't do anything to protect my friend...how is that brave?"

"Y/n..."

"Do you think things would have been different if I use my name?"

"No, nothing will change," she said, "even if you use your authority, you can only make an enemy with the shogun"

"But I got to save my friend!" you try to control your uneasy emotion.

"Y/n..." Ayaka hug you, "I'm sure you are strong but at the same time people can be helpless," she said.

  You pause, and you look at both of your hands 'so this uneasy feeling is helpless?' the first time, the first time you feel miserably helpless.

  Ayaka let go of you "but the traveler is going to help Thoma, I'm sure everything will be ok"

"Help him? Is she going to make an enemy with the shogun?" you cross your arm

  Ayaka paused for a bit, "that...I hope not" she said.

  You deadpan "oh dear..."

A little later-

  You hear the front door open, and go and take a look seeing Lumine and Paimon and also Thoma, you feel relief.

"You guys!" Ayaka run toward them, "are you all alright?" she asks

"We're fine," said Paimon "but..."

"But?"Ayaka tilts her head, and the three looks at each other seeing who should tell them the news.

"Let me guess" you speak up, "you on a wanted list or something?"

  The three flinch, and you deadpan while Ayaka tries to process it "sigh* So I was right" you look at them, trying to help them.

"If it thing have come to this," said Ayaka, "Thoma you will have to stay here until everything is settled down"

"Huh?!" Thoma looked at Ayaka, wanting to not be true but she not even kidding "no way..."

"And Traveler" she turns to Lumine and Paimon, "If I may be so bold, can I send you to the resistance group?"

While the two talk, you go up to Thoma "did they get your vision?"

"Haha, no the traveler secures it for me" he scratches his head.

  You walk around him "seem like you're not hurt"

"Haha! I am stronger than I look lady y/n"

"Hmm" you smile"I'm glad..."

Thoma blush a bit.

  You turn to the three "I have to go first, I have something to do after this"

  Ayaka confused, "oh? What is it? Maybe I can help"

  You shake your head, "no, it's fine. It's just a little payback" you turn to Lumine "I will see you two later" you smile.

  And walk out of the tea house, "sigh*" a savant next to you come up to you and whispers "Master Ayato ask me to let my lady know that he will be waiting at the Palace"

"Alright...where is it?" you turn to her.

"I will be the one guiding you Lady y/n" she said.

And you follow her from behind 'I will them taste the words helpless that I learn'

To be Continue...