Ch23

You walk along the beach holding your shoes. The sea wave back and forth, soaking your feet. You feel weird, never feel like you could experience something like this from a book you had read.

  You stop when you see someone in white clothes, and you get closer to him "What is it that you want to talk about, Ayato?"

He smiles "I didn't know you the type to just get to the point"

"..." you wait for him to continue

"But that also the people I like to work with," he said, "as you might know, Inazuma have close off the border with the outside world"

"And?" you tilt your head "what are those gonna do with me?"

"Easy, I want you to run some errands for me" he smiles

"Hah?!" you look at him speechless "what did you just say?"

"Just a few errands, you see my sister wants to demolish the Vision hunt degree," he said, "and since I'm the head, getting involved might cause a problem-"

"Hold it" you stop him, "what do you mean running an errand for you?"

"Oh, ha I'm sorry, I forgot that you don't know what the errand means" he giggled, "let me explain what it means"

"You know that's not what I meant" you cross your arm "I think you know that asking me to do you a favor must come with something in return"

"Of course, I am well prepared for all that," he said

"Oh really? What could it be?"

He stays quiet "I will break off our engagement," he said.

"?" you tilt your head, "what engagement? We have never discussed it before"

"We never did but our parents did, at first it was Ayaka and your brother but since your brother's health has not improved they decided to us instead"

  You stay quiet, just hearing this for the first time "hmm" you can't even go and break the Duke's door because you are so far now.

"Y/n?" Ayato waves his hand in front of you, "are we still talking?"

"Continue," you said

"So, as I said if you do me a favor I will break this engagement off, it benefits both you and me," he said

"...sure," you feel like you just got betrayed...by your own family.

"Y/n?"

"Can I...be alone for a time being? We can discuss this tomorrow" you said

"mhm, if that's what you want," he said and leave you there alone, knowing he got what he needed.

  You find a place to sit, you know that the Duke got you to engage but you didn't even know when that started "Did my opinion even matter to them?" you want to cry but don't want to tear up because of them "SIGHHHHHHHHH* why is living so complicated..."

The sound of the wave, footstep approaches you "why is it that complicated?"

You turn to see "!!" Surprised by this person in red, you get up and run to him.

He smiles, and opens his arms welcoming you "such a warm welcome"

"..." you hug him tightly, "I thought you left" you mumble enough to let him hear.

He gently pads your head "me too" he said, "Do you know how much I miss you y/n"

"I don't know," you said, looking up at him, your cheek warm "how much did you miss me? ...show me"

He smiles, blushes "I will do so my lady" he leans down to kiss you, his arms wrapping around you.

  You part way from him, trying to catch your breath but he pulls you back in giving in for another long kiss until he parts way himself

  Your leg got weak and fall down on the sand, Kazuha was surprised and kneel down next to you "are you alright?"

"ah..I.." your face got redder "t-that was a bit...too much" you cover your face with your hand.

"haha" he laughs "maybe I should have controlled myself a bit" he sits down next to you and pulls you to sit on his lap.

  You try to calm down from the embarrassment, you look at him and his smile, and you finally ask "why are you still here? I thought you left"

"Well," he said, he sees the sand stuck on your leg and he brush it off as he talk "we were about to leave but a guest come in and struck a deal with captain Beidou"

"A deal? What kind?"

"I don't know what the deal is, but I do know that we are aiding them in the upcoming battle..." his expression softens,

and you caress his side "what wrong Kazuha?" You speak softly "why are you making face like this?"

  He looks at you and tries to smile "listen...there will be a casualty, a lot will be injured and some will..." he pauses and continue "In the mean time, I want you to stay somewhere safe...please don't bring yourself to do anything"

"Kazuha..."

He nods his head on your shoulder "please...I don't want to lose you too..." he mumbles

"...hey" you pad his head, "can I look at your face?" and he slowly looks up to you, who smiles at him warmly "...I really miss seeing your face" you pinch his cheek.

"Y/n!" he said, "I'm being serious here!" he try to take your hand away

"Me too, I am serious. I just can't help but look at you" you continue, "and that is also why I won't sit still, and let you get hurt alone" you put your forehead to meet his.

"But-"

"You know you can't convince me when I made up my mind," you said, looking back up at the sea "I don't want to be protected all the time when...I have the power to protect myself..." the sound of the wave, splashing on the sand.

  Kazuha was taken back a bit, he smile as he hug you from behind "...since I can't convince you no more, I guess I have to go along with you"

"Haha!" you laugh, "you better be"

  He pinches your cheek this time "and this is payback"

"Ow!" you try to pull it away, "S-stop it! My pretty face gonna go red!"

  He takes his hand out and pulls you to kiss him. He parts away from you "haha!" he let out.

"W-what?" you find this confusing, "what so funny??"

"It's not just funny," he said, "but also happy" he smile

  You find his smile beautiful, you both can't help but laugh when you see each other faces. Beautiful, pretty, and somehow also funny.

To be Continue...