Ch24

The next afternoon, after lunch you talked with ayato.

"So I take that you agree to my requests?" Ayato smile

"Hmph, Do I need to say it so you feel more reassurance?" You tilt your head, sitting across from him.

  Ayato drink his tea that have black bubble in it. He look up to see you "no, I just need your words that you won't go back on it"

"I won't go back on it" you agree, you look at him "how will we cancel our engagement?" You ask him

"That...I have to send a letter to your father, saying that I want to break the engagement" he reply as if it something easy to do.

"You think he will agree?" You scoff, "If it that easy, I would have done it myself"

"..." he stay quiet "sigh* this is why, we never get along" he deadpan.

"Huh?"

"Nothing," he said "but if I have a reason to break the engagement, I'm sure he will agree"

"Hmmm" at this point you don't want to ask anymore, just in case he piss you off "fine, I will leave that to you" you shrug "now, tell me. what did you want to me to do?"

"Getting straight to the point huh" he smirk, "fine by me," he continues "I want to to join me in the next meeting and see how you will deal with this-"

"Hold on a minute!" You slam the table, "what do you mean meeting? I'm an outsider?! I can't get involved with your nation affairs!"

"And that when you are wrong" he point to you, "y/n Winterbloom, Do you know how much that name hold in power?" He said "you might not know because you stuck in a cage all your life, but you made a name for yourself in Teyvet"

"And?"

"Getting involved with one meeting can't cause too much of a problem," he said "I will put my name on this" he smile while you just get goosebumps

"Sigh*" you let out, "You already plan everything before hand...did you also think of a plan in case I don't agree to this request?"

Ayato smile "well, I never thought my plan will fail so I never think about it" he drink his tea "in fact I know all the lay out how it will turn out"

"Tch, cunning fox"

"Thank for the compliment, vicious fox"

  The friendly deal smile you two give to each other, if someone who never see you two, they might think such a cute couple but for those who know you two...it mean the competition between two demon.

——————

Two days later

  Everyone seem to be busy, except you.

you decide to go find Kazuha. Though you don't really know where he is, but as long it near the sea that should be where he be too.

"Where could he be?..." you been walking for almost an hour, but still can't find him "hmph! That guy, where could he be?" You huff.

  Unknown someone follow you, "what is it? Why don't you come out" you said, feel annoyed especially about cannot find a certain wanderer.

"Haha..." he nervously laugh as he come out, "it me, Lady y/n" said the man in blonde.

  You cross your arm "don't you have some housework to do rather than follow me, Thoma"

"Well, I just thought you need someone to look out for you...so I.."

"You volunteers yourself," you deadpan "you know if you come, the result is you getting in the way more"

"Haha, I figure you would say that" he smile, "but then again, it no hurting to be a little more careful"

"..."

"..." Thoma smile

"...like master, like pet" you mumble

"Sorry?" He tilt his head

"Nothing" you turn away as you continue to walk

"So where are we going lady y/n"

"Somewhere that I won't find you" you reply

"Ouch! That hurt" he said, trying to act like he had been stabbed, he peeks to see you continue walking without looking back 'same as always' he runs up to you and stops in front of you.

"...what?"

"How about I suggest something!"

"Hmm?" you wait for him to continue

"How about you go to Inazuma city? Since this is the first time you are here, there are many things that I think you would enjoy" he smiled

"..." you pause and think for a bit "fine," you said, "let go to the city"

"!!!" he beams, "yes, my lady! I will be your tour guide!"

  You follow him from behind, with him talking about a different topic every 5 minutes.

  The way there is interesting, especially through the wood near the Kamisato estates, big trees, and dim blue flowers that light up when dark 'just like the book said...' a place you thought you would never see, as you walk you feel your head getting num '?'

"What wrong lady y/n?" Thoma asks

"No..." you shake your head "...I was wondering that you are a monstader"

"Oh? Yes, I am" he scratches his head

"You must be happy that you are out and off of each region"

"Haha! Is that how you see it my lady?" he chuckles, "it's true that I can do that, but since Inazuma have close all contact with the outside, going home is a bit impossible for me"

"...what if Inazuma hasn't closed off their border, will you still go?"

  He stay quiet "if they hasn't, I still wouldn't have to gone...after all, I have worked here" he smile.

"Hm" you somehow, understand him.

"But you know my lady," he said "even if I can't go home now, I'm sure that someday I will go back home...after all, home is like no other place on teyvey"

"..." somehow you can't understand him now "well, good luck to you"

"Hehe!" he smiles "my lady, you changed"

"Huh?"

"You never talk something like this with anyone, especially express what you want to say," he said, "did something happen for you to change like this?"

"...none," you said, "even if I do, I won't tell you" and you continue walking. Leaving Thoma amused by himself.

'Maybe 10% that you changed my lady'

To be continue...

Sorry for the late, I've been busy this week!! But I'll try to post on regular Sunday again!!
Have a good day everyone

Come to think of it, this fabric is almost done!